New video time attribute update

• HI Klaus and all,

I notice a new update today and new feautures to the video plugin

# videoplayer plugin - time attribute update as <plugin> element
    # videoplayer plugin - videourl attribute update after playvideo() call

I have a video intro on a charity tour I have done. The video is 70 secs so I just made a delayed call to close video after this time. onloaded="delayedcall(67, action(close-video); );" With these new parameters is it now possible to close the video after is has played 70 secs of the video footage, rather than just by a delayed call of 70 secs. The problem i had my way was that depending on Loading times on different computers, sometimes the end would be cut off as 70 seconds had passed, but if the video now has time attribute, then if there is a slow start on a slow computer, the timer is set by the video, so will close when the video footage time has reached 70 secs... ha ha hope this makes sense *squint*

time="70, action(close-video); );"

I dont suppose you can show an example of code or explain a bit more how these new parameters are used. Thanks very much for any advice received.

best wishes,

tom

• Thanks VN2009, I think i got that attribute muddled with onloaded. I am looking around on the docs but seem to find much about videoplayer plugin attributes - I will test and come back, I thought oncomplete or onloadcomplete applied to the plugin.swf only and not the flv. I will check and see .. :) many thanks for advice VN2009 - looking forward to VN2011 :) Best wishes, tom

• Wa hay !!! Nice one VN2009, I could'nt work out what you meant eariler and searched the forum and docs, but could not find info i needed, just oncomplete for audio - so i downloaded latest update, viewed the example xml of video demo - nothing - then remembered my trusty krpano friend - the editor plugin - which if ever anyone needs all attributes of a plugin is the best place to look as it prints all possible attributes out. And there i saw

onvideocomplete="action(close-vid);"

and
    totaltime="67.006"

AND IT WORKS !!!! Brill ! Just gotta get this tour signed off and I will share *thumbup*

Many thanks again VN2009 !!!

tom

p.s. Great xmas card ! merry xmas to you :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!