Vtour thumbnails configuration help needed

• I have been doing some experiments with the stacked thumnails made by the Vtour droplets.
    Its a very useful tool but needs some tutorials on how to change it for your designs.

I made a demo here. This is designed to work holding the iPad with both hands and using just your thumbs for all navigation.
    http://panoramas.dk/panorama/krpano/vtour/t1.html
    I wanted the thumbs to stay when loading panoramas and that was quite easy to do.

I also wanted some buttons to open and close them and then discovered that the thumbnails have no layer order. They go on top of everything what ever you set of zorder on a button.
    Thats why I had to place the open thumb not on top of the stack.
    Any ideas if zorder is supported in someway.

There seems to be a delay of 4 seconds when you open the thumbs on the iPad. This is irritating as you may believe that they do not rect to your click.
    It maybe because of the large number of thumbs however on my small Android Desire Z mobile there is no problem.

I also would like to have the posibility of using the title on top of the thumbs just for a number or timestamp like in the last thumb.
    Onhover does not work on iPad.

Also I would like to have the option of opening them horizontally instead of the current vertical alignment.
    I can not find anything that works for that. If I set the stageheight to a large number it does but it will not work with many thumbs if the resolutiuon does not give place.
    It just disappears to the right side instead of shifting the row to a new one.

Hans

• I forgot one thing.

It turns out that the way the tool is ordering the sceens are not "Mac like"
    I am used to 1,2,3.........9,10,11 and so on but The Krpano tools needs numerical with zero presets 01,02,03....

This is not good if you like to use the titles in correct order. I like my thumbs to have numbers which are easy to identify by the user,
    01, 02 does not look good in a a title.

So extra work with editing all titles.

I can see from another thread that there are also others who wants title below or above the thumbs.
    Like I have in Tommy's very nice FPP plugin used here. http://360-foto.dk/tadashi/

Hans

• Also I would like to have the option of opening them horizontally instead of the current vertical alignment.
    I can not find anything that works for that. If I set the stageheight to a large number it does but it will not work with many thumbs if the resolutiuon does not give place.
    It just disappears to the right side instead of shifting the row to a new one.

Hans

Hans I wanted the same thing and found a way to do it. I just swapped every x for a y and every y for an x in this section of code and it worked. It is already wapped here so dont change it back. this code opens the thumbs horizontal.

<action name="openthumb">
    if(%2 != NEXT,
    set(pos,0);
    copy(curpos, plugin[%1].thumbpos);
    set(xdst, 0);
    set(ydst, 0);
    );

if(pos LT curpos,
    inc(pos);
    inc(xdst,90);
    sub(xmax, stagewidth, 100);
    if(xdst GT xmax, inc(xdst,90);set(xdst,0); );
    openthumb(%1,NEXT);
    add(ydst,25);
    add(xdst,15);
    tween(plugin[%1].y, get(ydst) );
    tween(plugin[%1].x, get(xdst) );
    tween(plugin[%1].width, 80);
    tween(plugin[%1].height, 80);
    );
    </action>

• I also wanted some buttons to open and close them and then discovered that the thumbnails have no layer order. They go on top of everything what ever you set of zorder on a button.

this is something else i have also been stuggling with. i had a thought about creating a small white 2:1 equirec and having it chopped up with the rest of the real 360's that would provide the placeholder for the thumb in the stack. I took its thumb into photoshop and changed it into an OPEN thumb. then i ran into your other issue, the naming convention I could not get the 'blank' to stack on top. i am still exploring this option if i find a solution i will post it here. i hope you do also.

• I also wanted some buttons to open and close them and then discovered that the thumbnails have no layer order. They go on top of everything what ever you set of zorder on a button.

EDIT: not working

• Great , just one thing missing.
    I found it
    This
    if(xdst GT xmax, inc(xdst,90);set(xdst,0); );
    should be this
    if(xdst GT xmax, inc(ydst,90);set(xdst,0); );

Working example
    http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/krpano/vtour/t3.html

Hans

• Hans adjust this line of code in the build thumbs action. whenever you use showtext and add a comma after the text that dictates which infostyle the text will use. so it should look like this onhover="showtext(abcdef, textstyle)" you can make hundreds of differnet textstyles.

set(plugin[get(thumbname)].onhover, showtext(get(scenetitle),infostyle2) );

<textstyle name="infostyle2" font="pristina"
    origin="center" edge="center" textalign="center" yoffset="0" background="false" border="false"
    fontsize="16" textcolor="0x000000" bold="false" effect="glow(0xffffff,0.75,25,4); dropshadow(5,45,0xffff00,4,4);"
    showtime="15.0" fadetime="1.0" fadeintime="1.0"
    />

EDIT: i forgot to say that if you do not declare an infostyle it uses the default infostyle. you can see it in the editors xml section if it is not included in your code.

Edited 2 times, last by VN2009 (December 17, 2010 at 3:52 PM).

• if(pos LT curpos,
    inc(pos);
    inc(xdst,70);
    div(xmax, stagewidth, 2);
    if(xdst GT xmax, inc(ydst,-70);set(xdst,0); );
    openthumb(%1,NEXT);

chagned that section of code now the thumbs only build to 50% of screen width then start to stack. this is what i needed, jsut provided the code so others can start to manipulate the way the thumbs open.

• The centered text works very nice. I was hoping that the delayed timing could make it useable for iPad also by setting it to onclick but it does not work at all.

On Android it works but the onover is very sensitive and also loads the pano.

Hans

• Thank you guys for what you have found out so far.
    It laready helped a lot ;)

Today I ran into a problem because i want bigger thumbnails but can't find the parameters I'd have to change to give them the desired quality.
    If I just change the size they look just like upscaled from small sizes, but I can't figure out what else I should change.

Thanks
    Jürgen

• You have to change the size in the Vtour.config (vtour-mres.config)
    like this

makethumb=true
    thumbsize=200

According to the standard kmakemultires.config you should also be able to do rectangular thumbs but this does not work, at least not in the vtour.

# makethumb / thumbsize (new)
    # - make a small thumbnail image
    # - for makescene=true templates that use thumbnails
    # - only for cubical or to cube converted input images
    # - thumbsize - width/height in pixels
    # - a image named "thumb.jpg" will be created in the tiles folder
    # - and a "thumburl" attribute with the path of the thumb image
    # will be added to the <scene> tag
    #
    makethumb=false
    thumbsize=200/100

I just get 200x200 for the above setting.

Please Klaus we need this. BTW I also asked for an option to put all thumbs in a separate directory for easy editing, but that may not be possible as I can see all thumbs are just called thumb.jpg

Hans

• great find Hans. yes you would need to adjust the config file otherwise you will just be scaling the 80x80 thumbs to your desired size. I have not tested those settings yet it would be nice to have the option for rectanglular thumbs, but it seems Hans may have found a bug if it desreguards the height.

• Here is a test that I used a rectangle box. I did not change the "thumbsize" option when making the thumbs but do plan to make that change.

Look in my tour.xml for the number changes. I replaced the widths to 160 from 80. Hans, More than likely your thumbnail was created the proper size but your settings keep it from being displayed completely. Check the image in PS.

http://www.texasvirtualtours.com/test/nadir/tour.html

Jarred

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!