ktransform rotate mode in 1.0.8.11 Win

• I was previously using ktransform from the 1.0.8 beta8 (Windows) tools. This version had a rotate mode that could rotate the input sphere. I don't see this mode in the latest ktransform in the 1.0.8.11 tools for Windows. Is this functionality no longer supported in the latest version or is it available through some other mode or tool? Thanks!

• Hi,

no, sorry, this mode has been removed during with version 1.0.8 beta 9,
    there the complete remapping and interpolation part has been rewritten,
    and the rotate mode seems to be too useless to be also ported,

in what situation have you used it or do you want to use it?

best regards,
    Klaus

• Rather than apply rotation corrections in the viewer at run-time, there are cases when we wanted to "burn it" into the image so that it can be viewed with the rotation correction - either for viewing the image file directly or in other viewers that don't support the same rotation parameters.

Also I just noticed that the -oversample option is gone. Was this functionality also removed? We did use this too when using view mode.

Edited once, last by schang (September 3, 2010 at 8:36 PM).

• Hi,

Rather than apply rotation corrections in the viewer at run-time, there are cases when we wanted to "burn it" into the image so that it can be viewed with the rotation correction - either for viewing the image file directly or in other viewers that don't support the same rotation parameters.

okay, but how have do determined the rotation parameters?
    I think the most users were not able to determine them...?

but I have noted for request, I will try to add the rotate mode again in a future release,

Also I just noticed that the -oversample option is gone. Was this functionality also removed? We did use this too when using view mode.

right, oversampling is now applied automatically when necessary (on downscaling),
    but with the parameter -fast it can be disabled for faster processing,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!