Config files? How to use...

• Things are starting to make sense. But what do I do with the config files in the tools folder? I see those are the basic parameters that you can make changes to.

I dont want to change originals correct? So I copy and paste into XML and change from there?

thanks

• Hi,

the tool behind all MAKE PANO droplets is the kmakemultires tool,
    and each MAKE PANO droplet has its own config file to setup the behavior of it,

e.g.
    MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) = kmakemultires.config (in this file there are also settings documented)
    MAKE PANO (NORMAL) = templates/normal.config
    MAKE PANO (FLAT) = templates/flat.config
    MAKE PANO (SINGLE-SWF) = templates/singleswf.config

the droplets itself are just Batch files (Windows) or simple Apple Scripts (Mac),
    they can be also modified or duplicated and/or adjusted with own config files,
    for Windows just use do right-click and edit, or on Mac open the droplet with the Apple Script Editor,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

Thank you for your valuable time. How do you get any work done with us newbie’s crying all the time?

I understand about the droplets - albeit of a rudimentary nature as well as your examples. The Tools read me was a big help which I overlooked until yesterday. (the male species don’t read directions)

I have Dreamweaver so I can edit the config files from there.

I see -- so I can make copys of the droplets and its config files and modify those...but leave them in the tools folder of course. Correct?

• I see -- so I can make copys of the droplets and its config files and modify those...but leave them in the tools folder of course. Correct?

Yes, make copies (renaming them of course) and leave them in the tools folder because you will need the kmakemultires.exe and also your license for it to work properly. Make sure you change the path in the .bat file if you make a new config file. Also change any paths to XML and HTML in the config file if you create a new one.

Jarred

• Ah ha!! *thumbup*

So can I ask another stupid question....the path in the .bat file? Thats the dropplet copy? Not sure what a .bat file is. *wacko*

BTW...I complained to the moderator what a great guy you are and an asset to the forum. *smile*

• Correct. The droplet. My computer shows the extensions, And the extension is .bat

Glad you see it that way. Sometimes I think I post too much and too fast.

I stay at home with my children most of the time and it's either surf the forum or do housework. *g*

• I do not know about the windows bat file, but if you are a "normal" macuser you probably have no idea of what you are talking about.

I guess 50% would not even know that you can open the .app and look inside. And maybe 10% would think of that you could edit the link to the config file and make duplicates.
    I have not thought about that but instead I renamed the configs and use a change folder.

I checked the .app and there is a standard apple script inside where you can change the name for the config file.
    It is in Contents/resources/scripts/main.scripts
    You open the .app by ctrl-clicking it ( right-click for those who has abandoned the superior Mac way. Choose show Package content

I can see this is the best way to do different setups.
    But Klaus tutorial does not say a word about this.

Hans

• The only Mac products I own are iPhones. I guess some would say I am not normal but that is not based strictly on computer ownership *whistling* . Yes, everything I recommend is based on windows. I tried a Mac for a day and was quite ready to throw it into the pool. Thankfully, it was for someone else and they took it back home with them.

Hans,

I have been following the program for a long time.

• Looking at that now.

Ive worked on both Mac and PC - they both have good and bad. Id love a screamin macbook to do 3d on the road with Maya - but thats a ways off yet.

"I stay at home with my children most of the time and it's either surf the forum or do housework"

I am also a domestic manservant

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!