A warning about 360precision

• Hey everybody,
    I'm posting to tell everybody to stay clear of 360precision for now: I bought an "absolute" head from Matthew over there back in december and I still haven't received anything. This would be ok if I'd been kept up to date as to why there was such a delay but on the contrary Matthew has been EXTREMELY difficult to reach, not replying to my many emails and then replying only to insist that I had to use an online contact form instead for which I need a user/login, which the website won't send to my email adress. I've finally demanded a refund from Matthew, and once again he's playing dead... Not very good for a company that prides itself on selling high-end gear at expensive prices. I'm even more disappointed as I already have one absolute head for an older model camera so this is the second time I'm spending a large amount of money on gear from these people!
    Matthew was replying to my emails within minutes back before I spent the money by the way... as soon as I'd paid the paypal invoice he told me there would be a delay because one of his emplyees wasn't available and the he completely disappeared!

You have been warned! :)
    Stephan

• Hi,

I had same problem in the middle of August last year. In fact his product is verry good. The problems he got is different. To prevent spam he made some sort of antispam system and he also made instructions how to avoid his antispam system into his forum so if you follow the instructions correct his spam system will not detect you and you will be able to reach him. Which means you will finally be able to chat and receive what you want.

After I did everything as follows into the instructions he answered me in a couple of minutes and I got my product after 16days delivered to Greece from UK.

Best,
    Nikola Totuhov

• Thanks for the reply. However the guy was replying to my emails until I paid, so I'm pretty sure he's getting them. Still no response for now anyway, it's been almost two and a half months now... ridiculous.

• Sorry to hear your bad experience.. Thanks for posting!

I have ordered there once, and the delivery, money handling, products, prices were just perfect.. The order was placed around 2010 summer.

He even refunded me some money because I accidentally ordered a wrong product and paid it twice (I dont remember any more how did it went but he was very reachable back then).

The panohead I ordered was about £50 while it costs almost 200€ in here (Finland).

I hope they will fix their problems soon - maybe he changed the anti-spamming system just after I ordered there.

- Juha

• I ordered my new panohead a week ago.
    Because of a complete hardware upgrade I had to ask Matthew a lot of questions in a lot of diffent Emails. They all have been answered within 10 minutes.

I even ordered another Atome as origin ordered. causes no problem because of the flexibility of 360Precision. Thats exactly what I love about 360precision.

The delivery time is long, but if you have some patience, it will come just right.

Greetings
    Rienus

Edited 2 times, last by Panomate (March 30, 2011 at 9:01 AM).

• I ordered a MkII Absolute 12 months ago.
    My bank account was debited the day I placed the order, but I haven't received anything.
    I have just started legal proceedings - will keep you informed.
    My advice is to buy a different product.

• Hi
    Just to keep you all informed about my experience with 360Precision
    I just got a message from Fedex, confirming that my (6 days ago) order at 360Precision (Adjuste and Atom) is on his way for delivery.
    I think it is not so nice to talk dirty about somebody without shown prove of case. That could ruin somebody's business. Just my 2 cents to this nasty issue...

Greetings

Rienus

• Hi Hughessharples
    I want to clarify, that I am not in any way related to 360Precision. I'm just a happy customer.
    Again, I cannot confirm any bad experiences with 360Precision.

I just Mailed Matthew this morning about the state of my order and got the message back that my order is on his way to me within 2 hours.
    We all know that 360Precision needs time to process ordering and manufacture there Products. And as we all should know, Pano Heads are not sold per 1000 a day.
    If you take a look at the website of 360Precision, you can see a Live Stock List.

What I am wondering about:
    Yelling is done easy, but do the unhappy customers also write if a product arrives after waiting perhaps for months? I don't think so. Honestly, do you think they will?
    3 Months of delivery time is a long time, und perhaps it would make sense 360Precision would provide some kind of system which is automatically triggering messages as long as an order is not closed.

I think it is really hard to run a business such as 360Precision does, making sure all is paid and earn a gage out of it.

Again; I'm really sorry for all of them who is having extremely bad experiences with 360Precision. It's just a pitty that 360Precision seem to have such a bad name.

For my I would like to close this issue, because I think we will never stop discussing this issue.
    Those who do not believe in 360Precision should buy another product. I'm staying with 360Precision, because I'm really extreme happy with the products.

Greetings
    Rienus

Edited once, last by Panomate (March 31, 2011 at 2:23 PM).

• I concur. Dreadful experience with 360precision. Have called trading standards who gave me some advice.

It is wholly unacceptable to process and deliver a product a month late with zero communication despite my many emails and many calls, which went straight through to the answerphone. And, when the product is finally delivered, there are parts missing so that I am unable to use it. No response to the complaints.

I don't know how a business can run a model like this and continue trading. Matt Rogers was pleasant online before I handed over my card details. Just browse the web and you'll see many many dissatisfied customers for the same reasons. Very sad about this as I was looking forward to using it and genuinely believe he has a decent product.

So BE WARNED before buying from 360precision. *thumbdown*

• as a rule of thumb, u automatically cancel an order and ask for a refund or open a dispute after 29 days because if u move past the 30 days deadline u cannot claim a bad transaction with mastercard, visa etc... and will not be covered ...

this comment is not intended towards 360 precision or anyone else, but is a standard i (and the people i know) use to protect ourselves from the unpredictable behavior of some sellers.

• In the interest of balance & as a long-time user of 360p products I'd like to defend 360 precision & Matt against this intemperate attack.

I am in no way associated with the company other than as a satisfied customer who over the years had bought and used their full range of pano heads. Having looked at rival products I would be very unlikely to buy another firm's manual pano head. The Absolulute is completely reliable, robust and durable if a bit heavy. The lighter Adjuste allows me to use a veriety of lenses and bodies, while the lightweight Atome is surprisingly good for its intended purpose.

Keep up the good work 360P!

John Law arps
    Bath UK

• I just want to share my experience with 360 Precision.

I placed my order with them and received confirmation stating that my order is open ( not processed yet).

Four days later I've received email stating
    "At the moment we're currently moving our e-commerce system over to Amazon. Would you be able to use the link below to complete the payment:"

What I did right away and send them email asking about approx. time of shipment. No answer.
    However, the next day email from Amazon stated item has been dispatched (tracking number was included).

9 days from the shipping date later. No package arrived yet. Checked FedEx to find no evidence that shipment was collected.
    Same day I sent complain to seller from Amazon web site.

Next day package arrived. I will leave it without comment.

The other issue is shipping rates misinformation.
    360 Precision web site states:

I ordered Atom and was charged £35. My delivery destination is Ireland. ???

"

• I bought my Adjuste pano head from them in late 2006...it has done THOUSANDS of panos with D200,D7000's and D2Xs....never had any trouble at all...still use almost every day ...the best pano head I have seen

• You only told one side of the story which makes you look nasty and vindictive which from your post is obvious.

1. I still don't understand how you can have an issue with the shipping charges. You actually AGREED LEGALLY TO PAY THEM TWICE, once on the 360Precision website and then AGAIN on the Amazon order system. If you weren't happy to pay the shipping why did you place the order. You have NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN after the fact. You could have contact us BEFORE PLACING THE ORDER and we would have given you a code for CHEAPER SHIPPING. It just looks to me like you were actively searching for a reason to complain.

After your abusive email within minutes I refund the SHIPPING COSTS IN FULL. I don't see ANY mention of this fact in your post.

2. Why would you wait NINE days after the system sent our the tracking details to inform us the package hadn't arrived ? As soon as you emailed me I drove immediately to the depot to find out what had happened. For some reason the parcel was still sat on one of the desks. Your package was put straight into the FedEx collection trolley and all was sorted.

You then had to have a cry via your Amazon review which in effect is entirely unfair.

I then REFUNDED YOUR ORDER IN FULL and, you're either too nasty, lazy or untrustworthy to put this in your post.

You also have no balls and have to hind behind the anonymity of the internet, coward.

You also forgot the mention that the delivery was in fact ONLY four days late. If you get upset over such a trivial matter you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

And here's your shipping receipt to show what the shipping ACTUALLY COSY us. Also as we've not be paid any money from you we therefore have no contract and I can share any information I please.

Matt

• I really can´t say who´s right or wrong of you two, but posting the full Adress and Phone-Number of a customer, no matter what happend, is a really bad move from my POV *thumbdown*
    Good to see how you handle confidential and sensitive data at 360precision which prevents me from buying anything from you ever *attention*

Best regards
    Nupsi

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!