No tiles generated for mobile/tablet

• Hi all,

This is my first post here, and i am a total newbie to krpano...and fyi I don't have anykind of programming background so reading all krpano code is a very steep learning curve for me...but i determined to beat the curve!...so kindly bare with me with probably many simple & stupid questions..:)

I have a 28000 x 11143 (1,9GB tiff filesize) panorama that I want to put on my web and hope it can also be viewed by iPad/iPhone users.

I tried droping the file to MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) and/or MAKE PANO (FLAT) droplet, but no tiles are generated (by both droplet) for either mobile/tablet.

Then I check the config files (kmakemultires.config & flat.config) and set:
    buildmobileimages=yes
    buildtabletimages=yes
    copyiphonejs=true

But the still no tiles for mobile/tablet.

Previously I have done a spherical pano for a test (after reading its documentation for some time) which should be viewable from mobile/tablet, here. Please mind the image quality since i made it with a very low res image just for a test.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

• Ok, i think my initial information is not clear..my mistake.

My 28000 x 11143 image is NOT a 360degree panorama, it is a 219x100 degree.

I've tried the settings from the provided link, and i also set:

hfov=219
    vfov=auto
    converttocubelimit=219x100

but still no tile generated for tablet/mobile..then i am guessing its because it was not a 360deg image...pls CMIIW.

As for the pano itself, i put it online at: Jakarta Night View Panorama (any suggestion to improve the use of krpano would be great), but at this moment can't be viewed using iDevices..:D

• To be able to also use this for IPad iPhone you need to add full 360x180 degree coverage by adding black canvas and use limits for it.

The limits work fine for vertical but not for horizontal on html5.
    And of course your resolution will be very small for the iPad.

See this 190 degree panorama, note that you can pan around into the black area on iPad.
    http://www.panoramas.dk/2010/queen-margrethe-birthday.html

This is how you set the limits
    limitview="range" vlookatmin="-66" vlookatmax="46" hlookatmax="95" hlookatmin="-95"

Hans

• See this 190 degree panorama, note that you can pan around into the black area on iPad.
    http://www.panoramas.dk/2010/queen-margrethe-birthday.html

This is how you set the limits
    limitview="range" vlookatmin="-66" vlookatmax="46" hlookatmax="95" hlookatmin="-95"

Hans

Thanks Hans, I tried as you suggested and it works perfectly.
    And then i realize that the xxxx.tiles folder is two times larger (70MB compared to 35MB) than the first one, i believe this is because all the black canvas are included when generating tiles...:D

Ok then, thanks a lot everyone... *smile* ...its time to explore more! *thumbsup*

• Thanks Hans, I tried as you suggested and it works perfectly.
    And then i realize that the xxxx.tiles folder is two times larger (70MB compared to 35MB) than the first one, i believe this is because all the black canvas are included when generating tiles...:D

Ok then, thanks a lot everyone... *smile* ...its time to explore more! *thumbsup*

If your black canvas is really black, it should not grow to double if you use standard compression 70-80.
    The black tiles will never be more than 4kb each and as they are not used they do not download.

Hans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!