You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 12:11pm

Hi,

Quoted

i know that you are working on the updated documentaiton for this - but could you give me a hint how to use custom spot images in the new googlemaps plugin?

here the current 1.0.8.14 google maps documentation: (still in work)
http://krpano.com/plugins/googlemaps/?version=10814#top

see also this page:
http://krpano.com/plugins/googlemaps/update/#top

as quick tip:
either just add - url="image.png" - to the <spot> element,
or better define a <spotstyle> element and add - style="spotstylename" - to the <spot> element,

best regards,
Klaus

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 1:51pm

hi klaus,

thanks for this quick reply. i've tried the new gmaps plugin - but i think i miss something.

Source code

<plugin name="map" 
			url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/googlemaps.swf" 
			parent="" 
			keep="true"
        	align="lefttop" 
			x="0" 
			y="0" 
			width="30%" 
			height="100%"
			onmapready="plugin[map].activatespot(test1);"
        	key="XXX"
        	maptype="physical"
			lat="47.231086033041514" 
			lng="15.329017639160156" zoom="15"
        	viewmode="2D" 
			pitch="0.0"
			 roll="0.0" 
			 yaw="0.0"
	/>

<spotstyle name="DEFAULT"
               	url="red.png"
               	overurl="red.png"
               	activeurl="red.png"
				   edge="center" 
				   x="0" 
				   y="0" 
				   shadow="true"
               	/>

<spot name="test1" spotstyle="DEFAULT" 
			  active="true"
			  lat="47.23029556717655" 
			  lng="15.32644808292389" 
			  heading="0"
          	onhover="showtext('Test1');"
          	onclick=""
          	/>

<spot name="test2"
			  url="red.png"
			  active="false"
			  lat="47.23304138256923" 
			  lng="15.328717231750488" 
			  heading="0"
          	onhover="showtext('Test2');"
          	onclick=""
          	/>

<spot name="test3"
			  url=""
			  active="false"
			  lat="47.2311618002802" 
			  lng="15.324704647064209" 
			  heading="0"
          	onhover="showtext('Test3');"
          	onclick=""
          	/>

I've made 3 differents (test)spots - but none of them is showing up in the map *confused* what am i missing?

edit: what is the correct element for inserting the spotstyle? "style" or "spotstyle"? i've tried both without success

christian

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "pano_ramic" (Apr 5th 2011, 2:25pm)

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 2:15pm

Hi,

the <spot> and <spotstyle> elements must be inside the <plugin> tag,
they are 'sub-elements',

e.g.

Source code

<plugin ...>
   INSIDE the plugin tag - okay - put the <spot> and <spotstyles> here ...
</plugin>

not:

Source code

<plugin ...
   />

OUTSIDE the plugin tag - not okay

best regards,
Klaus

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 2:21pm

THANK YOU klaus - that did the trick. i've overlooked that "small thing"

*thumbsup*

christian

Monday, April 11th 2011, 9:25pm

Hi,

there is a release candidate of the 1.0.8.14 krpano tools:
http://krpano.com/download/beta/#2011-04-11
  • now with psb write, bigtiff and kro image format support, all of these formats can be used for very large panos where the normal tiff or jpeg formats were limited,
  • the convert droplets can now be configured by an external .config file (convertdroplets.config)
  • and there is a new "krpano Update Tool" for updating krpano swf and js files

best regards,
Klaus

Stoney

Trainee

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 10:54am

I am very interested in feature allowing for dealing with the larger file sizes. Also, an update tool is very useful as well :)

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 5:29pm

360 Video

Is there a droplet for creating 360 video? I have my 360 video .flv file prepared. Or is there a .xml file I must modify such as in 1.0.9 beta.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

A

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 4:27pm

Hi,

Quoted

Is there a droplet for creating 360 video? I have my 360 video .flv file prepared. Or is there a .xml file I must modify such as in 1.0.9 beta.
there is no (and will not be) a video droplet - a video will not be get processed,
you can use the video file as it is, just include it in the xml,
e.g. you can use the xml example code from the 1.0.9 alpha 0 example,

best regards,
Klaus

HansNyb

Professional

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 8:19pm

I have just downloaded the 2 new releases.

As both the tools and the viewer releases contain Krpano.swf , swfkrpano.js and krpanoiphone.js I assumed that they are identical.

However I discovered that the dates are different on them.

There is also a plugin folder in both which does not contain exactly the same contents.
This is all quite confusing.

As far as I can see the only additional in the KRpano download is the ipad simulator folder

Why not make just one download.

Hans

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 11:08pm

Hi,

Quoted

As both the tools and the viewer releases contain Krpano.swf , swfkrpano.js and krpanoiphone.js I assumed that they are identical.
I have an automatic build system, so every-time when I build an new version, the files will be rebuild (from source) and then also the dates get updated,

Quoted

Why not make just one download.
this are pre-releases for testing,
but when finally released there will be normal viewer and tools download packages (with all files from the same date) again,

best regards,
Klaus

HansNyb

Professional

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 11:47pm

this are pre-releases for testing,
but when finally released there will be normal viewer and tools download packages (with all files from the same date) again,

As you do not sell them separately anymore, why 2 different downloads.
Its very confusing for people and ads a lot of work to make sure that everything is the last version.

Hans

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 4:26pm

Hi,
As you do not sell them separately anymore, why 2 different downloads.
Its very confusing for people and ads a lot of work to make sure that everything is the last version.
the split into viewer and tools is done because the viewer itself is system independent and the tools are not,

but I'm have already ideas for making only a single krpano download package (per system), but therefore the tools must be simpler and easier to use first,

best regards,
Klaus

Monday, April 18th 2011, 12:33pm

Hello Klaus,

This page, http://www.krpano.com/download/ shows 1.0.8.12 as the latest release.
This page, http://krpano.com/download/beta/#2011-04-11 , shows 1.0.8.14 as the release candidate.

If 1.0.8.14 is the release candidate, shouldn't that appear on the main download page? Also, i don't see any linux version of tools for 1.0.8.14. Are they under construction or did you forget to upload?

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 1:49pm

Hi,
If 1.0.8.14 is the release candidate, shouldn't that appear on the main download page?
no, it's not the final version, it's only a candidate for releasing,

Also, i don't see any linux version of tools for 1.0.8.14. Are they under construction or did you forget to upload?
the linux versions of 1.0.8.14 tools will come with the final release,

best regards,
Klaus

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 3:06pm

Hi,

there is a new release candidate for the 1.0.8.14 viewer:
http://krpano.com/download/beta/#2011-05-11

the main work in this release was regarding the new plugin interfaces for Flash and Javascript plugins,
the interfaces are now very similar and just should make the developing of plugins easier and allow more possibilities,

the detailed documentation about the new plugin interfaces (just as quick note - the current plugin interfaces keep also working of course) will follow with the final release (hopefully soon),

the most visible news in this release should be the new combobox plugin for HTML5 iPhone/iPad - it can be very useful on the small iPhone screen and additionally it looks very great on iPhone and iPad,

check out also the html5style setting of the combobox plugin - it allows setting html css styles like font, color, background-color/shade to the combobox for more individual styling,

best regards,
Klaus

HansNyb

Professional

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 4:14pm

Great , I love the comboboxes on iPad.

How come that the 256mb Ram is a larger problem on iPods than on iPad.
Have not heard about that before.

I would assume that it would have been opposite as screen resolution is smaller on iPod.

Hans

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 9:58pm

Hi,
How come that the 256mb Ram is a larger problem on iPods than on iPad.
Have not heard about that before.

I would assume that it would have been opposite as screen resolution is smaller on iPod.
good point!
I would be interested too why this is so but only Apple could answer that!

best regards,
Klaus

Friday, May 20th 2011, 6:44pm

Hi,

there is again a new release candidate for 1.0.8.14 available:
http://krpano.com/download/beta/#2011-05-20

the combobox plugin from the last release has unfortunately caused big rendering problems and crashes on iPhone / iPad because of Safari bugs - so to get this solved I have written a new combobox plugin, where I now 'fake' the native iPad combobox,

that means the new combobox plugin should look and feel almost like the native iPad combobox and what is very important - not cause any crashes or rendering problems,

and there are also some other nice advantages by this approach - the same iPad-style comobox can be also used on the iPhone, and more customizing is possible - the font styles and sizes can already be changes (see the plugin docs), and I'm working also on allowing the using own custom images for the combobox,

here an example: (for iPhone,iPad or Desktop Safari only)
http://krpano.com/examples/icombobox/

here a tour example:
http://krpano.com/examples/icombobox/?xml=tour.xml

and here a link to the current plugin documentation:
http://krpano.com/plugins/combobox/?vers…attributeshtml5

other news in this release:
additional some issues were fixed (iPhone hotspot scaling, soundinterface.js looping, ...) and new basic functions for looping and mathematical actions were added,

I hope that this will be the last release candidate so that I can finish the whole version (features, documentation, examples, templates, ...) and provide a full package to download,

best regards,
Klaus

Friday, May 20th 2011, 7:33pm

Thanks for the fixes!
Safari shows a 404 for your combobox_source.js
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Friday, May 20th 2011, 7:54pm

Hi,

Quoted

Safari shows a 404 for your combobox_source.js
right, sorry, I have uploaded an old xml, that is fixed now,

but better browse the examples with the default user agent,
then you will be redirected to the iPhone /iPad simulator where you see how it will look on iPhone or iPad,

best regards,
Klaus