You are not logged in.

Sam Rohn

Trainee

• "Sam Rohn" started this thread

Monday, March 7th 2011, 2:59pm

PanoPress - Wordpress plugin for 360° Panoramas w flash & html5

howdy again -

the new wordpress plugin & site are finally ready :)

http://www.panopress.org

PanoPress is a WordPress plugin for displaying 360° Panoramas on your website using KRPano or Pano2VR

PanoPress supports panoramas in Flash & iPhone/iPad HTML5, multi-resolution, multi-pano virtual tours, custom xml, global swf mode (one central swf for all panos), and more

all features are explained and documented on the website, the site & docs may be a little incomplete so feel free to post in the panopress forum, or ask questions here -

we have been testing panopress fairly thoroughly the last few weeks, and it seems ready for public consumption

we are currently at version 0.7, krpano functionality is very solid, all krpano projects are supported including all in one swf, html5, multi res, vtours, custom xml etc

big thanks to omer calev, who has written basically all of the code for this new plugin :)

for those following my old shortcode plugin, this is a totally new plugin, it is much more solid and versatile, supports all krpano swf, xml, html5, etc

so visit the site and let us know what you think :)

sam
Sam Rohn :: 360° Panoramic Photography :: Location Scout :: New York City :: www.samrohn.com

PanoPress :: WordPress Plugin for 360° Panoramas in Flash & HTML5 :: www.panopress.org

HansNyb

Professional

Monday, March 7th 2011, 8:06pm

Sam you have a bad page setup. Fullscreen goes 200% on the KRPano iPad.

And of course Pano2VR crashes all the time but that was expected.

Hans

Sam Rohn

Trainee

Tuesday, March 8th 2011, 12:07am

thanks hans,

that (ipad fullscreen size error) is a not the plugin issue, but a theme issue actually, my poor css skills , ipad fullscreen display is fine on other sites using the plugin

and it is on my to-fix list :)

grazie

sam
Sam Rohn :: 360° Panoramic Photography :: Location Scout :: New York City :: www.samrohn.com

PanoPress :: WordPress Plugin for 360° Panoramas in Flash & HTML5 :: www.panopress.org

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Sam Rohn" (Mar 8th 2011, 1:01am)

HansNyb

Professional

Tuesday, March 8th 2011, 1:41pm

hat (ipad fullscreen size error) is a not the plugin issue, but a theme issue actually, my poor css skills , ipad fullscreen display is fine on other sites using the plugin

Yes I know that. I used several days experimenting with css before I got it working at panoramas.dk.
I hate that some CSS functions are not working the same on the iDevices as in Safari desktop.

Hans

Sam Rohn

Trainee

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 4:47pm

yep, i've tried giving the body class 100% h&w, works fine on desktop safari but not on actual iphone

any ideas as to get it to behave ?

thanks

sam

Sam Rohn

Trainee

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 12:20pm

PanoPres 0.8

hey everyone -

PanoPress has been updated to 0.8

It contains several new features, important bug fixes and internal code improvements.
If you are using version 0.7 please upgrade to this version.

What’s new in 0.8:
* XML checking and error reporting (admin mode only)
* Improved error messages
* Built-in notification will let you know when a new version is available.

more info here -

http://www.panopress.org/panopress-0-8-release-note/

download here -

http://www.panopress.org/download/

sam

gkaefer

Trainee

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 11:28pm

plugin collides with editor

using version 0.8 of the plugin and using wordpress.3.1

I allways had an issue with the visual editor mode the icons could not be displayed, just not showing up.

disabling all plugins - editor menues again here. all plugins I can enable without this issue. just if I enable the panopress plugin the editor menus are missing (even if panopress is the only plugin enabled).

its with the standard editor and also with the TinyMCE Advanced. if panopress is enabled, the editor menues are gone.

all my plugins installed:

WordPress.com Stats

TinyMCE Advanced

Smart Youtube

PanoPress

Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu

Google Maps made Simple

Frontpage-Slideshow

FlamingText Logo

Fixed Admin Menus

Fast Secure Contact Form

DP Widgets Plus

Download Button Shortcode

also upgrading to panopress 3.1.1 did not change this.

Georg

PS: EDIT: on a second PC (also win7 64bit and same IE8+Firefox+Chrome browser using) I do not have this problem. here panopress can be activated (incl. all other plugins) and the menues are perfectly shown using default or tinyMCEadvanced editor.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "gkaefer" (Apr 6th 2011, 9:30am)

Sam Rohn

Trainee

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 10:39am

Quoted

PS: EDIT: on a second PC (also win7 64bit and same IE8+Firefox+Chrome browser using) I do not have this problem. here panopress can be activated (incl. all other plugins) and the menues are perfectly shown using default or tinyMCEadvanced editor.

hi georg -

judging by your last edit, i would say that it is most likely a local prob w your 1st machine, you might want to test it on a 3rd device, etc

either way, panopress is working fine w default install of WP 3.1, so you might want to test a virgin install of wordpress & panopress on that 1st troublesome machine, which it seems may be having its own issues...

sam

Sam Rohn

Trainee

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 10:15am

PanoPress 0.9.0 release

http://www.panopress.org/panopress-0-9-0-release-notes/

PanoPress 0.9.0 is available from the download page.

This is our second update for PanoPress with some major new features & bug fixes.

If you are using version 0.8 please upgrade to this version.

What’s new in 0.9.0:

* Panobox: a lightweight customizable built in lightbox clone.

* CuTy: flash support for QTVR files using Aldo Hoeben‘s CuTy viewer.

* CSS styling: customize panopress to match your site.

Bug fixes:

* Please do not load this page directly bug on setting page fixed.

* PP now works on wordpress sites installed on sub folders. (mysite.com/wordpress/)

* PHP version testing and reporting.

* File permission testing and reporting.

enjoy,

sam