What's wrong with a little Support???

• I don't think many would disagree that Klaus comes up with some great code but I have to say the support especially for people who are not programmers and only photographers isn't what I would say stellar. I've asked Klaus in an email for an answer without any response. If Klaus wants additional funding for a support contract I am all for paying it as long as we get answers. Being silent is not a way to support a product. For us north american's it's about putting your money where your mouth is. So I still need an answer regarding how this textfield works the same way in html5 as it does in flash.

I have come up with something that is a problem that between the iphone and the ipad in look. I've used pieces of code from great contributors on this forum. Since the iphone resizes the image in my example it seems to automatically wrap the text. see attachments. so using a background png and a text overlay with a backgroundalpha="0" doesn't actually solve the textfield problem. Anybody have any idea it would be much appreciated.

• I have to disagree with you a bit. I think Klaus provides great support. There are times when you should probably seek a programmer to do tasks for you but in general, questions posted here that have merit and cannot be found in the documentation are answered. He also commonly posts direct links to the documentation.

I have come to the conclusion that if I can't make it work, I don't need it. I follow a few different softwares online and this is by far the most supported one. I have one that the author NEVER answers questions in the forum. He calls it a user forum for help from other users. In time, he may answer an e-mail, he may not.

Give Klaus a chance and who knows, your e-mail may not have reached it's target.

• Your different widths, comes from your embedded markup.

Try specifing your css in the simply as follows which is given in the examples for the documentation for textfield.
    https://krpano.com/plugins/textfield/#top
    For example, the following is IDENTICAL in iphone and ipad.

<plugin name="plugin_05_01_html5" keep="true" url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/textfield.swf" css="p{color:#000000; font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;}"

html="bLAH BLAH BLAH:[br]MORE BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH[p]MORE BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH[/p]"
    align="center" x="100" y="0" roundedge="5" shadow="0" borderwidth="2" backgroundcolor="0xFFFFFF" bordercolor="0x000000" width="300" height="100" zorder="10001" />

What you had was... [div style='width:100%;height:100%;

When you set percentages you are setting a percentage of the PARENT.
    ipad and iphone have DIFFERENT dimensions.

• Thanks sachagriffin, i'll give it a try.

Jarred, my point about getting support is that Klaus makes claims about features and then doesn't back it up with and example. I've been asking about textfield setup for a very long time with a recent request to Klaus with an email through this forum. In addition a request on September 6th http://textfield%20questionWith others going back as far as March of this year. If you're telling me that a textfield isn't an important part of delivering content then i honestly don't know what is? Simply releasing features and saying they work doesn't help anyone because if it did then there would be tons of advice and recommendations from "programmers" who have solved this mystery.

Robert

• Krpano comes with an examples folder with tons of textfield examples. Also the documentation area up top shows you how to use it. Klaus provides excellent support in my opinion. I came from FPP where the author hasn't been heard from in three years.

My advice would be to hire a developer.

• a little off topic but i would like to see a scrollable textfield that works with idevices. the current one only supports flash i have emailed the person who provided it to us and got no response. as far as support goes klaus is much better than others but still not perfect. i assume krpano is not his fulltime job which means we have to work around is work/life schedule. just my thoughts.

• Hi,

I've asked Klaus in an email for an answer without any response.

sorry, but I have still a lot of unread mails, maybe yours is within them...

If Klaus wants additional funding for a support contract I am all for paying it as long as we get answers.

what I would need would be much more time!
    there are too much questions and too few time to answer them all in time!
    some questions are short and easy - they will be answered more quickly - some other questions are long or difficult to understand - and there are questions which would need time-intensive research on my side - such questions can take longer to be answered.

to your problem - the textfield plugin is unfortunately a special case:
    - in Flash it uses the Flash "Textfield" which has only a very small html support and additionally also is very buggy!
    - and HTML the html text will be passed almost directly to the browser via "innerHTML"

so the same support with the textfield plugin for Flash and HTML will be always a problem - I'm already looking for an replacement without direct HTML support to avoid compatibility problems,

however - to make the textfield plugin also similar usable in HTML - the krpanoJS viewer tries to make some changes automatically - e.g. it searches the "css" settings for "fontsize" tags and then it tries to scale the fontsize according to the device (e.g. to halfsize on the iPhone) - in your code you were using own html code with a style setting - such is not support in Flash and so also not officially in the krpanoJS viewer - that means the HTML code will NOT be parsed and analyzed by krpano!

as you can see the font size is the same for iPhone and iPad in your example - and this is the reason why the text doesn't fit into your fix sized element,

instead of:

Code
    font:bold 12px sans-serif;'

try using the css attribute and set there:

Code
    css="{fontsize:12px}"

then the krpanoJS viewer should be able to find that fontsize setting and change it automatically to fontsize:6px on the iPhone,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks to Klaus and everyone for their support. I've come up with a clean solution that I can standardize without to many changes. Is it possible to make the following into a an action and then use an ondown to execute it dynamically?

Thanks again.

Robert

P.S. If any programmers on here know how to write it I'm willing to pay a fee to get it done and that way I can learn as well.

Edited once, last by rbudnikas (September 21, 2011 at 2:42 PM).

• Hi,

Is it possible to make the following into a an action and then use an ondown to execute it dynamically?

what should the action do?

just show the textfield?
    in this case you could add visible="false" to the <plugin> definition and then just set visible to "true" in the action,

or do you want to add the textfield via an action?
    in this case you can call addplugin() with the name of the <plugin> element and then set each attribute via set(),

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

I want to be able to add 4 or 5 textfields with different content and don't want to have the same code re-written 4 or 5 times especially when I have to do the same for flash. I'm not sure if that is possible given that the text changes each time.

Thanks, Robert

• Hi,

then you could have just one textfield element and change the "html" attribute dynamically,

e.g.

Code
    <action name="showtext_no1">
      set(plugin[plugin_05_01_html5].html, ..... the html content here ...);
      set(plugin[plugin_05_01_html5].visible,true);
    <action>

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!