• He Karel,

Nice!
    Great site.

I find some pictures a bit over saturated, but that is a matter of taste i suppose.

I have to go there.

Groeten van,
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• All of the them. By a lot. When you use saturation to a high degree you will begin to start clipping one or more colors. This leads to both color distortion and loss of detail.
    Try "Vibrance" instead.
    You may also wish to pick up a color calibrator such as the Spyder. I thought there wasn't much point to them before I got one, but I have certainly improved my overall processing because of it.
    Nice looking website Btw.

• I toned back some of them already. You should clear your cache and reload. And I did use vibrance and not saturation. I haven't seen issues with loss of detail but did get a handful of comments about colors being too saturated. Like maybe 3-5 people in 1000. The rest love the colors. But I do think I need to scale back and balance it a bit more which I've done already to some.

• Also note that flash isn't color managed and depending on your monitor (even if calibrated) the colors may seem more saturated especially on wide gamut displays. In this case, make a screenshot and then paste it in Photoshop and you will see the calibrated colors.

• Also note that flash isn't color managed and depending on your monitor (even if calibrated) the colors may seem more saturated especially on wide gamut displays. In this case, make a screenshot and then paste it in Photoshop and you will see the calibrated colors.

Screenshot's don't affect any part of the color managed process. I did open a tile directly to check for a damaged or unique profile, but it looked exactly the same as the flash version which is not surprising considering I'm using a calibrated monitor.
    But hey! Each to their own.

• As a matter of fact, screenshots can look different. Windows isn't color managed (UI, IE, Explorer, Flash etc.) so colors may look more saturated on some monitors even if they are calibrated. This is especially an issue with large gamut monitors that have native AdobeRGB support. However, if you run it in sRGB emulation then screenshots will look the same in photoshop.
    I have 2 monitors, both using different calibration hardware and software, and in photoshop I see the same on both monitors. So the issue with the images is not a calibration issue. I think I just went a bit overboard with the saturation for some people's tastes. So like I said, I've dailed it back for some of the panos already. Most people explicitely said they loved the colors so it may be a taste issue mostly.
    Another issue is that since I am pushing the envolope with saturation, on non calibrated monitors this can look even more saturated than in really is. Today I was at a meeting and the uncalibrated monitor there was obviously too saturated (even the windows UI looked very saturated) and the panos looked that much more saturated on it.
    In any case I very much appreciate your feedback. :)

• Hi,

nice website! I like the clean look :) About the saturation discussion, it depends what is your aim. If you aimed for natural look, they are too saturated but if you aimed for a bit dreamy feel in the panos, it's completely fine! As you said, it's matter of taste. I favor natural look more than artist view personally but those panos fit pretty well in your website. The green was only color what looked too saturated so if you can lower the green a bit, rest are fine :) My monitor is not calibrated so they might have looked a bit different + im colorblind so it adds more variables in the thing. Tours look good and website is clean and neat. Good work *thumbup*

Regards,

• Thanks, appreciate the feedback, and I agree about the green, I have toned it down a bit in some panos so if you clear your browser cache and redownload you'll see a difference. :) And yes, I wasn't going for *completely* realistic because let's face it, that just looks bland. No travel photography these days is 100% realistic, all of them have enhanced colors and some extensive photoshopping even. For me, I just like to enhance the colors according to how I saw the scene in my mind when I was there. I don't change the scene and add clouds and things like that.

• Saturation looks great indeed. Do you shoot JPEG? I shoot RAW so my images look bland at first, but this is onpurpose because I also do HDR processing and the final HDR image looks flat. Then I have to go in and bring out detail and colors the way I want. And then it becomes a matter of personal view and taste though I do try to stay close to realistic.
    Also, not easy keeping your shadow out of the panos right? :P Sometimes this can be frustrating. I managed pretty good so far in that area though in one of my panos I kept it in on purpose to function like a cameo :P

• I shoot RAW and process with tiff till the end so i won't lose much data. I get that image directly from hdr tonemapping :) Took me long time to play around with settings but now im pretty happy with it. I open images to photoshop to hide my shadow and reduce noise if there is disturbingly much. Otherwise i have no need to process the images :) From those panos i showed i didn't bother hiding my shadow. It's just to show the landscape and no one paid me for it so it doesn't really matter :) From customers panos i always hide myself from everywhere.

• Ok great! You can have great looking images without saturating them :) I aim for natural look and think im doing ok with it. Check this for example: http://imagery.fi/virtualtours/k…57&atv=3&fov=70

No saturation or vibrance lift :) I haven't even open those images at photoshop, only tonemapped.

Regards,

That looks pretty good. I shoot for ultra-realistic with a little enhancement if I can.
    Here's my take...
    http://www.seeit360.com/travel/las-b%C…-antiguo-panama

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!