BUG <plugin ... pausedonstart=true ...

• Hi KLAUS,

After playing with the last videoplayer version 1.0.8.14 (build 2011-10-21) it seems that there is a BUG in using the pausedonstart attribute...
    As a test, edit the video-hotspot example, changing hotspot by plugin, like this:

Code
    <!-- note - the url of the video must be always relative to the main krpano swf file -->
    	<plugin name="videospot"  onvideoready="trace('ispaused returns = ',ispaused )"

As the attribute pausedonstart is set to true, the variable ispaused returns true but the video does not show *whistling* ...

A workaround that seems to work, is:

Code
    <!-- note - the url of the video must be always relative to the main krpano swf file -->
    	<plugin name="videospot" 
    			 pausedonstart="false"
    			 onvideoready="stop(); trace('ispaused returns = ',ispaused );"
    			 />

SAlut.

• Hi,

thanks for the note!

I have tested again and yes there is still a problem with the pausedonstart,

it's not a bug or a new bug in krpano or the videoplayer plugin - it seems to be a problem in the Flashplayer versions 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 and 11.2, the versions 9.0, 10.0 and version 11.0 seem to be fine, and regarding to my tests I would say that problem happens only sometimes, only on some systems and then only with enabled hardware-acceleration,

so far so good - the main problem was that the Flashplayer 'reports' that it already plays the video and that the video frame should be already there, but in reality it is not in every case,

to fix that problem hopefully finally I'm now drawing the video frame into a smaller pixel buffer and checking each individual pixels from that if there is some content - and only when there is really something - then I'm sending the pause call to the Flashplayer video - so getting the first visible frame for the pausedonstart should work now in really very case!

additionally I have fixed a strange problem that can happen in the Flashplayer version 11.2 - there a Flashplayer bug caused that the "onvideoready" event was called two times,

here the fixed videoplayer.swf (it will be also included in the next release of course):
    videoplayer-10814-2011-11-07.zip

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!