Dispay two panoramas simultaneously within a vertical grid?

• Hi,

I have two 360° panoramas shot from the same position, one in summer, one in winter.

Like you can see in the attached image, I want to show the panoramas within a vertical grid with a line-width of exactly 250px, no matter what the screensize is.
    The grid should be fixed and the panoramas should move behind it.

Is this possible with krpano?

Best Regards
    Michael

• Yeah, I added the winter panorama as disorted hotspots on top of the cube faces of the sommer panorama - this works, but the masks make the performance really really bad...

Synchronization via js is not an option because of the missing fullscreen mode...

Any other suggestions are welcome *smile*

• Hi,

yes I know - that would be possible - but it's not quite the effect I wanted.

I got another idea:

Let’s say I have a plugin containing the attached image on top of the hotspots and set the blendmode to alpha.
    According to http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPla…/BlendMode.html this should work when I apply an alpha channel to the black parts of the image (the white parts are transparent). krpano supports .gif and .png as image-formats with transparency, but this formats don't save alpha-channels separately. .tif can do this, but it's no supported by krpano...

So how can get an alpha channel to work in krpano?

Best regards
    Michael

• I'm still concerned with this problem. My question: Is there another possibility to mask the winter-panorama properly?

This is my code for the mask, which works, but I get only 6-8 FPS, which is way too slow...

Hotspot-Size is 955px, my mask image is attached: Note: it's 3000x1500px to fit most of the display resolutions

I know, in Flash each mask can only be used for one element - but is there a way to optimize my code to get a higher framerate?

If not, can it be done via blendmode? When I disable the masking of the hotspots and set one of the mask-plugins to blendmode invert, it inverts the winter-panorama behind the black parts of the mask.
    Is there a way to make this parts transparent?
    According to http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPla…/BlendMode.html it should be possible when I use blendmode erase, but
    it doesn't work?

Best Regards
    Michael

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!