You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tommo77funk

Intermediate

• "tommo77funk" started this thread

Monday, January 30th 2012, 5:48pm

dvd tour - autorun wants to autoplay windows media player not flash

Hi All,

Hoping someone can offer some advice on how to get tour to autoplay from usb or dvd, bypassing windows media payer. I used krprotect to to make a .exe and .app, have placed all files and assets onto usb, but when i insert it inot windows machine, it prompts to play with windows media player - is this normal ?

The autorun.inf i made and tuorials i have seen do not mention anything about this,so would be really graeful if anyone could share there experience.

cheers,

tom

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Monday, January 30th 2012, 6:06pm

isn't it not about the settings on the computer.. open this always with program xxx?

*question*

can you show your autorun code?

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

tommo77funk

Intermediate

Monday, January 30th 2012, 6:27pm

it is mate, it is - which lies the problem cos most user experience is playing films or music, so mostly windows users have the media player as defualt - when someone recieves tour through the post, they will not know that tour does not work with windows media player, so will with this first. Which makes me think there must be a setting people use in autorun.inf to ensure will open with desktop flash ?

[autorun]
open=DVD-TOUR.exe

is my autorun.inf code, i have seen a label and ico(logo) parameters, but not sure this will help.

ALL the tutorials for flash and making an autorun, do not say anything about windows media player, so this is strange problem which hopefully someone with experience of making dvd tours will know all about. There is not even an option on windows 7 to ask to open with another program.

hmm ha ha weird !

cheers,

tom

tommo77funk

Intermediate

Monday, January 30th 2012, 6:37pm

now i got

[autorun]
open=DVD-TOUR.exe
label=open virtual tour
shellexecute=DVD-TOUR.exe
action=DVD-TOUR.exe Open Program

but still window media player :(

hmmm

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Monday, January 30th 2012, 6:40pm

ah ok..

here they talk about that shell thing aswell.. maybe let it start flashpayer???

http://www.autoruntools.com/autorun-inf.php

hope it helps

Tuur *thumbsup*

tommo77funk

Intermediate

Monday, January 30th 2012, 6:54pm

Thanks Tuur - very appreciated you looking for me - will buy you a beer this year at Holland panotools :)

Have tried everyway now, with just shellexecute etc..

but no joy - so HAS anyone ever done this before for a client ?

If so - how did you overcome defualt windows media option.

Strange i cant remember when but i am sure i have seen open in flash when needed on other occasions when opening a dvd/usb with flash content.

thanks again,

tom

Tuur

Sage

Monday, January 30th 2012, 6:57pm

Quoted

Thanks Tuur - very appreciated you looking for me - will buy you a beer this year at Holland panotools :)

Yeahhhh!!

Quoted

Strange i cant remember when but i am sure i have seen open in flash when needed on other occasions when opening a dvd/usb with flash content.

We produced also a dvd 2years ago and that worked nice on both mac as windows..
I hope some expert kicks in. Like to know that aswell.

Cheers
Tuur *thumbsup*

Umalo

Professional

Monday, January 30th 2012, 11:31pm

What I did was to use third party sw called winopen.
+

[autorun]
open=winopen \start.html

Also I think that xp from sp3 and win7 has default setup due to security reasons to ask user if they want to autorun.

HansNyb

Professional

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 12:45am

RE: dvd tour - autorun wants to autoplay windows media player not flash

Hi All,

Hoping someone can offer some advice on how to get tour to autoplay from usb or dvd, bypassing windows media payer. I used krprotect to to make a .exe and .app, have placed all files and assets onto usb, but when i insert it inot windows machine, it prompts to play with windows media player - is this normal ?

The autorun.inf i made and tuorials i have seen do not mention anything about this,so would be really graeful if anyone could share there experience.

cheers,

tom

Sorry but autorun does NOT work from USB.
It is only a CD /DVD thing.

I am a Mac Guy but of course we know all about this.

Hans

tommo77funk

Intermediate

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 2:16pm

Hi,

Thanks all for help - i have it working now for dvd and cd. Hans was right *thumbup* - problem was usb and misinformation http://dailycupoftech.com/usb-drive-autoruninf-tweaking/

this page gives correct information however on the current possibilities with usb and windows.

http://www.samlogic.net/articles/autorun-usb-flash-drive.htm

Here is the final autorun.inf file

[autorun]
open=dvd/DVD-TOUR.exe exe-options
label=My Virtual Tour
icon=dvd/my-icon.ico
action=DVD-TOUR Open Virtual Tour
shellexecute=dvd/DVD-TOUR.exe

Many thanks and best wishes to all,

tom