Is there ANY way to convert a cylindrical source image to a spherical source image?

• Someone has provided me about 60 stitched panorama's. They are cylindrical, so that's what I specify as panotype in the kmakemultires config file. The results in the viewer then are very good.

But as I want to also make a iPhone/iPad viewer for these pano's, I learned that I need cubical pano's for that. It's possible to convert spherical pano's to cubical ones, but is it also possible to convert cylindrical source images to spherical (or cubical) ones?

• 1. convert the projection from cylindrical to equirectangular (you may use ptgui, flexify or any other appropriate tool)
    2. change aspect ration to 2:1 (by adding blank space to top and bottom in a way that the horizon is centered
    3. proceed as usual

• Hi pdp *smile*

You can use cylindrical panos with krpano without doing anything more than drop all your panos into any krpano droplet.
    When it launches it asks :
    1 - This is a partial pano ? type "y" then enter
    2 - what type of partial... ? type "2"
    3 - horizontal field of view ? type "360"

It will make the different tiles, adding a black spot on top and bottom of your tiles and set a limit fov looking up or down, and stills work on iPhone *wink*

You can also drop your cylindric pano into the "spere to cube" droplet, it will make the 6 squared tiles *wink*

Hope it'll help !
    Regards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!