You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 6th 2012, 10:57am

Is there ANY way to convert a cylindrical source image to a spherical source image?

Someone has provided me about 60 stitched panorama's. They are cylindrical, so that's what I specify as panotype in the kmakemultires config file. The results in the viewer then are very good.

But as I want to also make a iPhone/iPad viewer for these pano's, I learned that I need cubical pano's for that. It's possible to convert spherical pano's to cubical ones, but is it also possible to convert cylindrical source images to spherical (or cubical) ones?

jschrader

Intermediate

Monday, February 6th 2012, 9:24pm

1. convert the projection from cylindrical to equirectangular (you may use ptgui, flexify or any other appropriate tool)
2. change aspect ration to 2:1 (by adding blank space to top and bottom in a way that the horizon is centered
3. proceed as usual

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 10:12am

Do you mean that I have to load the stitched cylindrical image into PTgui and then apply the equirectangular projection?

jschrader

Intermediate

Wednesday, February 8th 2012, 9:33am

Yes, of course.

Yomas

Intermediate

Wednesday, February 8th 2012, 5:24pm

Hi pdp :-)

You can use cylindrical panos with krpano without doing anything more than drop all your panos into any krpano droplet.
When it launches it asks :
1 - This is a partial pano ? type "y" then enter
2 - what type of partial... ? type "2"
3 - horizontal field of view ? type "360"

It will make the different tiles, adding a black spot on top and bottom of your tiles and set a limit fov looking up or down, and stills work on iPhone ;-)

You can also drop your cylindric pano into the "spere to cube" droplet, it will make the 6 squared tiles ;-)

Hope it'll help !
Regards.
My website: www.eboovisite.com, See me also on www.Viewat.com, Facebook and Twitter