iPad interface for krpano tours (MAC droplet added)

• Hey Andrey,
    I noted that when I am in fullscreen, then hit ESC key, the fullscreen changes back to window, but the button remains "switched". Then I have to push the button twice to go back to fullscreen.

I tried doing an event onexitfullscreen to switch the button to false, but that just screwed up the action backwards. Please recommend a fix.
    Tony

• Hey Andrey,

Have you tried creating a tour "Out of the Box" with the black interface, and then checked iPhone functionality? I still have a problem with the iPhone feature only showing a portion of the tour (top left corner only). This happens on any unmodified generic tour I create using the black interface batch tool. It pops out a tour that simply doesn't work on the iPhone properly.

The problem exists for both iphone 3 and 4.

What's the catch?

• Hi

I still have a problem with the iPhone feature only showing a portion of the tour (top left corner only).

Check this in HTML filediv id="pano" style="width:900px; height:600px;"
    if so - change width:100% and height:100%
    I guess, that is the reason.

Andrey *thumbup*

• Hi!
    nefar1ous

I noted that when I am in fullscreen, then hit ESC key, the fullscreen changes back to window, but the button remains "switched".

That is strange, i'm test it on my descktop chrome and safari all is ok. Press ESC and exit fullscreen and button swetched of.

BTW - if your tour has 100% height and 100% width of browser window then fullscreen will not work (it's work but you can't see it) on iDevices.

Because the fullscreen works as 100% browser window size on iDevices.
    Address bar still visible.

Regards
    Andrey *thumbup*

• Hi! atomicmak
    prepearing demo for you *wink*

Hi! gauravppatel

how to add background transparent image in tour

It's simple - just add plugin with transparent png image.
    for example
    plugin url="bgimage.png" .....
    where bgimage.png - transparent png image

Regards
    Andrey *thumbup*

• Hi

Andrey *thumbup*

It's not that. I am generating tours using your batch tool, and without modifying them at all, I am uploading them to a test area on my server and they simply don't work on the iphone. If this is a case of needing special edits for the html page to detect iphone use, please provide some code because I like the default setup currently used as it allows "windowed" mode on the iPad with the option to go fullscreen. There seems to be some special requirement for viewing with the iphone. I can understand how it might need a 100% x 100% viewing area as it is quite small and has an unusual ratio. But the ipad function already works absolutely PERFECT out of the box (THANKS for this wonderful interface).

Please email me your html file for the demo posted here:
    http://bankigoroda.com/media/test/example_iphone.html

• Hey Andrey,
    I noted that when I am in fullscreen, then hit ESC key, the fullscreen changes back to window, but the button remains "switched". Then I have to push the button twice to go back to fullscreen.

I tried doing an event onexitfullscreen to switch the button to false, but that just screwed up the action backwards. Please recommend a fix.
    Tony

OK, I'll see if i haven't tampered with something :)

• atomicmak

Here KPGui demo
    http://kpgui.com/demo/download.php
    Waiting for feedback.

How to install:
    unpack to somewhere
    goto KPGui folder
    run KPGui.exe
    If you want, you can make *.kpgui (KPGui project files) associated with KPGui.exe - goto File menu and click "Set Associations"
    after windows restart *.kpgui files will opens with KPGui.exe.

There is smal example in KPGui/EXAMPLES/simple_tour folder

PS - don't forget, work is not done yet.

Andrey *thumbup*

• Hi

Andrey *thumbup*

Sometimes we just get our heads wrapped around a thought or process and can't look at the obvious (in this case correct response) fix. This is even more common when under stress and pressure with deadlines. Changing the default html build from the batch to allow a % of screen size rather than the 900x600 setting fixed the problem.
    But now I noticed that the thumbs are WAY TOO BIG. I thought I had read a fix for this on this thread, but couldn't find it....
    How to reduce the thumb sizes for use on the iPhone?

Once I get that little problem fixed, looks like I'll have to start creating tours "dumbed down" (minimized content) for the iPhone as I had all kinds of failure messages due to large file sizes unable to download.

Once again, you are the man and I am the fool :)

Thanks for your hard work and brilliant engineering!

• Hi!
    Thanks

Code
    <include url="%CURRENTXML%/skin/default_black/layout.xml" devices="flash|ipad" />
    <include url="%CURRENTXML%/skin/default_black/layout_phone.xml" devices="iphone" />

change to

Code
    <include url="%CURRENTXML%/skin/default_black/layout.xml" devices="all" />

It's must reduce thumbnails size.

Regards
    Andrey *thumbup*

• Hi, thanks for your great efforts on the interface framework.

I am having problems with the scrolling textfield on iPhone. The data doesn't populate in the scrolling box. It sits outside the box in the top left. I basically just followed your code in the example but the same problem shows up in your iPhone-iPad simulator example too.

However, if I download your demo example, it works fine but the files are encrypted!

Also once uploaded, the fullscreen button doesn't work on the flash interface. Fullscreen works fine locally but no joy when online.
    So, a few dilemmas...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Hi!Thanks for report!
    Found bug.. (textfield and image lost parent on iPhone)
    to fix this bug - remove this rows from layout_iphone.xml (don't forget make this changes in IF_default_black\skin\default_black folder for droplet)

ifnot(isflash,set(plugin[%4].parent,););
    set(plugin[%4].visible,true);

Regards
    Andrey *thumbup*

PS - ShareIt package updated.

• Hi Andrey,
    I've put this request in a few times and once received some minor instruction, but I don't understand to this day. You say it's all possible with this interface and I can see how it might be.
    But Please, Please... could you please put together explicit detailed instructions on how to build a photo gallery with scrolling thumbs on top of this tour interface so that I have more features to offer clients for the iPad.
    Thanks again,
    Tony

• Hi,

Is anyone experiencing problems with the Fullscreen button not working on Andrey's framework?
    For me it works okay in Firefox but not Safari or Chrome. Am using an iMac with latest Lion installed. Just wondering if anyone's having the same problem and any tips for a fix!
    Cheers

• Hello!

Sorry for delay (my sys HDD has crashed, bad luck) *cursing*
    I lost few days...

KPGui - I hope it will be ready in current mounth. (ready I mean first release, there is many work..., and comming many interesting features )

About Image Gallery for iPad interface, i will try to make it, soon (not enough time, KPGui project is very important for me)
    And I need to spending time for making money for life (unfortunately) *rolleyes*

Hope you understand
    Andrey *thumbsup*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!