You are not logged in.

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 8:14am

panoramic video quality

Hi,
The quality of the panoramic video doesn't look good.
I have taken a panoramic video from other sites (yellow bird and simplylive360) and ran them with KRPano ( using the videoplayer plugin).
It works well, but Visually, the videos look bad (blurred, pixelated), especially in fuul screen mode. I compared them with how they look on the above sites and there is a substantial difference...
Am I missing something? Are there parameters I can tweak so as to make the videos look better?
Thanks
Yos

Monday, June 4th 2012, 8:17pm

For panoramic videos on the net you should aim at 2000kbps, anything bigger and it will pause for most users.
For a "quite good" video quality in fullscreen aim at 4000-5000kbps and for "really good for the web" go for the 8000kbps but is gonna take a while to download

Remember that right now the bandwidth sometimes is not enough for regular 720p video streaming and youre trying to make a videopano of the same or better quality that is like playing 4 of this videos at the same time.

Cheers

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 7:07am

Hi,
It works well, but Visually, the videos look bad (blurred, pixelated), especially in fuul screen mode. I compared them with how they look on the above sites and there is a substantial difference...
Am I missing something? Are there parameters I can tweak so as to make the videos look better?
krpano will not modify the video itself in any way, it will be displayed as it is,
so when using exact the same video file, then there should no 'substantial difference'...

what settings you use using? flash10 enabled/disabled? stagequality?
and do you compare the videos in the same presentation size and with the same fov?

best regards,
Klaus