You are not logged in.

Kev-in-spain

Intermediate

• "Kev-in-spain" started this thread

Friday, September 14th 2012, 11:36am

tween plugin blur radius

Hi all,
I feel a bit foolish asking this question, as I'm sure the answer must be very simple, but I have reached the boundries of my limited knowledge and searched the forum to no avail.
I'm trying to create a very simply action to reveal a logo at the start of a tour. I have blurred the plugin(a .png file) using 'effect="blur(20)" and, as the plugin is revealed, I want the blur to clear.
Here is the relevant code:
<action name="startup">
if(startscene === null, copy(startscene,scene[0].name));
loadscene(get(startscene), null, MERGE);
logo());
</action>

<action name="logo">
tween(plugin[logo].alpha,1,2);
tween(plugin[logo].blur,0,2);
</action>

<plugin name="logo" url="plugins/logo.png" align="center" keep="true" alpha="0" scale="0.5" effect="blur(20)" devices="all"
onloaded="if(isdesktop,mul(scale,1.5));"
onclick="go()"/>

In my searches around the forum I have seen the line of code tween(plugin[.....].blur,... so I assume the action is possible so, what could be the reason for this not working?

Friday, September 14th 2012, 2:07pm

Hi,

only the Flash textfield plugin has a 'blur' setting, the normal plugin elements not, and in HTML5 there is currently no cross-browser possibility for that.

For clearing the blur, just set the 'effect' attribute back to an empty string ("") or to null.

A possibility for tweening the blur, would be too tween a custom 'blur' variable and use the 'updatecall' to dynamically reconstruct the 'effect' setting (by using the txtadd() action).

Here a small example, where the blur will be changed in the mouse over/out events:

Source code

<plugin name="blurtest"
   	blur="0"
   	onover="tween(blur, 8, 0.5, default, null, txtadd(effect,'blur(',get(blur),')') );"
   	onout="tween(blur, 0, 0.5, default, null, txtadd(effect,'blur(',get(blur),')') );"
   	/>

Best regards,
Klaus

Kev-in-spain

Intermediate

Friday, September 14th 2012, 3:44pm

<plugin name="blurtest"
blur="0"
onover="tween(blur, 8, 0.5, default, null, txtadd(effect,'blur(',get(blur),')') );"
onout="tween(blur, 0, 0.5, default, null, txtadd(effect,'blur(',get(blur),')') );"
/>

Hi Klaus, this is definitely the effect I am looking for but, are you saying that there is no way to put it into an action?
EDIT:
Ok... for anyone that's interested, I've found a workaround to create the effect I was after.
Here's the code:

<action name="startup">
if(startscene === null, copy(startscene,scene[0].name));
loadscene(get(startscene), null, MERGE);
);
</action>

<action name="logo">
set(plugin[logo].visible,true);
tween(plugin[logo].alpha,1,3);
tween(view.fov,85,6);
</action>

<action name="go">
tween(plugin[logo].alpha,0,2,,
set(plugin[logo].visible,false);
set(autorotate.enabled,true)));
</action>

<plugin name="logo" url="plugins/logo.png" align="center" keep="true" visible="false" alpha="0" scale="0.5" devices="all" blur="200"
onloaded="logo();if(isdesktop,mul(scale,1.5)); tween(blur, 0, 3, default, null, txtadd(effect,'blur(',get(blur),')') );"
onclick="go(); tween(blur,200, 3, default, null, txtadd(effect,'blur(',get(blur),')') );"/>

And here's what it does:

http://www.360examples.net/jubany_2/tour.html

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kev-in-spain" (Sep 14th 2012, 6:09pm)

Saturday, September 15th 2012, 9:10am

Hi,
are you saying that there is no way to put it into an action?
no - I'm not saying that! - you can use such code wherever you want
it doesn't matter if a code was written into an <action> or into an attribute...

nice!

best regards,
Klaus

Kev-in-spain

Intermediate

Thursday, September 20th 2012, 7:39pm

Thanks Klaus.

Is there any way to get this effect to work on an idevice?

Friday, September 21st 2012, 12:06pm

Hi,

at the moment not,
but maybe in future, when css filtes become available in the most major browsers and perform good,

best regards,
Klaus