You are not logged in.

Friday, September 21st 2012, 2:56pm

HTML5 parsing error

hi,

just joined in with the latest version (1.0.8.15-2012-08-10) started with individual panos both turned out compatible flash/html5 in a glimpse,but when I try the vr tour droplets no luck the ipad version fails with a parsing error
error on line 54 at column 34: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

Source code

if(startscene === null, copy(startscene,scene[0].name)); loadscene(get(startscene), null, MERGE);

I've looked through the examples but I'm stuck without a clue, any help much appreciated

best,

mickael

Friday, September 21st 2012, 4:26pm

Hi,

have you changed anything in the xml?
the default xml files should work of course...

when modifying the xml files, then the xml syntax rules are very important - the Flashplayer is very tolerant to xml syntax errors, but the html5 browsers are not...

best regards,
Klaus

Friday, September 21st 2012, 5:14pm

thanks for the quick reply,

no it is untouched, dropped 5 equis on the vtour droplet (or the multi) and when I'm disabling plugins in safari it spits that error, going through the whole process again right now so I can upload a perfectly fresh and untouched copy.

untouched result straight after the droplet can be seen here http://mediaquarium.com/el/vtour/tour.html doesn't parse on iphone or ipad

thanks for any help

Mickael

Friday, September 21st 2012, 5:24pm

Hi,

okay, that's a new and unexpected (but simple) problem:

A filename of one of your pano images was containing a & character, and such characters are not allowed by xml syntax. In the xml it would need to be replaced by & to display a &.

See in the tour.xml at this line:
<scene name="scene_2 Lounge Bar & Salon" title="2 Lounge Bar & Salon" onstart...

and replace all & characters by &amp;.

I wasn't aware about that problem, but in the next release the & characters will be automatically replaced by the tools.

Best regards,
Klaus

Friday, September 21st 2012, 9:24pm

thanks that did it !
so used to falling back browsers I forget these simple things.