Add a title to thumbnails and delete the "null"

• Edit 1 : Sorry : after posting a related topic appeared and I think I got my answer, and I realised my question 2 was stupid, I didn't notice the difference between "scene name" and "title".
    I'll post a second message if I don't manage my stuff.
    For other people looking for this answer, here is the topic :

Titles for vtour thumbnails on ipad

Edit 2 : finally the topic can't help me because in the new interface I can't find any "buildthumb" action so I don't know where to put the code nor if it can work, so if somebody can help me it would be great :)

But now I realise I've got a problem, the interface shows "null - Title" instead of just "title" what kind of problem could cause that ?

Hello,

1 - When I generate a vtour with the vtour droplet I like the thumbnails interface but I would like to be able to add a description or a title when I hover the thumb with my mouse. Could somebody be kind enough to help me to do that ? I imagine it's not difficult but I didn't found any answer in looking the xml files nor in googling this question.

2 - Also, in the interface on the left bottom the scene title appears, I find it great but my problem is that the code calling this title is based on the scene titles in the xml file, and those titles only mean something for me, I would like to be able to change this text without changing my scene titles (it would be a huge work).

Thanks for reading me, I hope I will find answers. The most important for me is question 1, because if I don't have any solution for question 2 I could delete the code showing the title in the interface, I would like to keep it but it's not so important. But being able to tell the visitor which thumbnail is what is very important for me.

For all the persons who read my message, I wish you to have a nice day :)

Edited 2 times, last by gn0o0b (September 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM).

• Hi,

2 - Also, in the interface on the left bottom the scene title appears, I find it great but my problem is that the code calling this title is based on the scene titles in the xml file, and those titles only mean something for me, I would like to be able to change this text without changing my scene titles (it would be a huge work).

I'm not sure if I understand right... but why not changing the titles in the xml and why would that be a huge work?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, that's what I did, that's fine.
    But I have a problem with the title which appears as "null, title" instead of "title"
    Also, I would like a title to appear when I hover mouse on a thumbnail, I didn't found how to do that...

• I agree that null or dash is really a stupid thing. It took me almost an hour digging through the vtourskin.xml before i found it.

It is here
    <action name="skin_update_scene_infos">
    txtadd(layer[skin_title].html, get(title), ' - ', get(scene[get(xml.scene)].title) );

If you remove the - you cab leave the title="" in the Tour.xml and you will get no null or - before the actual title of the scene.

Personally I can not see the idea of using this for a title both for the tour and for each panorama. I would never use this for a general title of the whole tour.

Hans

• Thank you very much for your answer, I'll try your solution and let you know if I managed to do it. Sorry for the late reply, I was working on another project.

Now I still have a question :
    I have all my thumb in the bottom of the interface and I would like the title to appear when I hover them without cliking it, this for the visitor to be able to know where he will go if he clicks on the thumb. I hope my english is not to bad and that my question is understandable ^^

Thanks again HansNyb :)

Edit : I can't find anything including part of the code you wrote to modify it.
    Here is my defaultskin.xml, perhaps it's not the good one.

• Sorry for the double post, but I'm not sure you'd notice my reply if I just edited my reply.

I think I managed something, but instead of doing what you said I had to write :

txtadd(layer[skin_title].html, ' ', get(scene[get(xml.scene)].title) );

instead of

txtadd(layer[skin_title].html, get(title), ' - ', get(scene[get(xml.scene)].title) );

Which means I deleted the "get(title)", it seems to work but I would like to be sure this will not cause problem somewhere else. Just deleting the - or ' - ' didn't gave me the result I was expecting, the "null" was still there.

Anayway it seems to work so thank you very much.

Would anybody have a clue to be able to show the title just while hovering a thumbnail ? I must say it would be really better for my interface if I could do that, I have something like 80 images and I would like the visitor to be able to know where he is going when he clicks.

Have a nice day :)

• In the skin_addthumbs action ad this.

set(layer[get(thumbname)].onclick, copy(layer[skin_thumbborder].parent, name); loadscene(get(linkedscene), null, MERGE, BLEND(2)); );

set(layer[get(thumbname)].linkedscene, get(scene[get(i)].name) ); copy(layer[get(thumbname)].scenetitle, scene[get(i)].title);
    set(layer[get(thumbname)].onhover,set(alpha, 1.0); showtext(get(scenetitle),thumbtext);set(effect,glow(0xFFFFFF,1.0,2,10000)); );

);
    </action>

<textstyle name="thumbtext" font="arial"
    origin="cursor" edge="center" textalign="center" yoffset="-50" xoffset="0" background="false" backgroundcolor="0x000000" border="false"
    fontsize="18" textcolor="0xFFFFFF" bold="false"
    showtime="0.3" fadetime="0.2" fadeintime="0.1"
    />

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!