new droplet makevtour - ios only 2 thumbs shown

• ok it seems to be a problem of not supported flat partial panos..I added static images as scene img. If I would use plugins instead, the images couldn't be zoomed in.
    Deleting the flat pano scenes doesn't work, the viewer is looking for the missing scenes - where are they referred to?
    Would be important to know once a new scene has to be added...

how could I make the html viewer omit certain scenes (ie the flat ones)?

Edited once, last by wishbone (October 29, 2012 at 4:37 PM).

• Hi,

right, the not supported scenes are 'masked-out' for html5 by the devices="flash" setting at the <scene> elements.

For manually using static images instead, try that:

1. remove the devices="flash" from the <scene> elements
    2. add devices="flash" to the <image> and <preview> elements inside the <scene>
    3. add the static image with devices="html5" inside the <scene>,
      e.g. maybe this way:

Code
      <layer name="staticimage" url="flatpano1.jpg" height="100%" width="prop" enabled="false" zorder="0" devices="html5" />

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Now I would need an orientation detection to make the image always fill the whole screen; eg fieldofviews orientation plugin.
    Means, I would have to set a pair of layers for each static image:
    <plugin name="image1-portrait" heigth="100%" width="prop" ... >
    <plugin name="image1-landscape" width="100%" height="prop" ...>
    and use this script from Aldo:

and set some variables (which I can't...) to go through the array of image-plugins, right?
    No "cheaper" solution?

• Hi,

do you mean to allow seeing always the full image fit inside the window, regardless from image size and orientation?

there would be a better solution - dynamically resize the image depending on the screen and on the image size:
    e.g.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• das ist super, danke!
    only, with more than one image it doesn't work properly. There are two images now. Startet in portrait mode, everything works fine. Started in landscape mode, portrait image doesn't fit...
    also, zorder doesn't work (thumbs and map in background)

could I use the same layer name more than once?

• Hi,

use the second example, not the first one with the 'staticimage',

here step by step:

1. edit the vtourskin.xml and add zorder="1" to the 'skin_scroll_window' element
    2. edit the tour.xml and add this action anywhere outside the scenes:

3. then add inside each scene these two elements - the image and the event for resizing:

Code
      <layer name="bg" url="image.jpg" align="center" enabled="false" zorder="0" onloaded="automatic_fit_inside(bg);" devices="html5" />
      <events name="bg" onresize="automatic_fit_inside(bg);" devices="html5" />

Best regards,
    Klaus

• ahh... you made my day...
    only it must be: if screenaspect GT 1
    and we don't need the image aspect, because if let's say screenaspect is 4:2 and imageaspect 4:3 it would render to width=100% - which results in free space above and below...

the zorder still doesn't work...

• the zorder still doesn't work...

look into the vtourksin.xml - there is at top the declaration of the 'skin_scroll_window' element - there add zorder="1",

e.g. here:

Code
    <!-- Skin Layout -->

<layer name="skin_scroll_window" type="container" keep="true" align="leftbottom" width="100%" height="100%" x="0" y="60" y_opened="60" y_closed="-2" maskchildren="true">

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!