• Hi all!

I have a couple of questions regarding the branding free license.

I've read that it disables the console and any possible errors. Is this true also for html5 virtual tours? Apparently the only way to use this license is with a flash file with the license embedded, so I was wondering what if the device is an iphone or an ipad.

In order to create a swf file containing krpano.swf and krpano.license, I use Krpano Proctect. I select any random xml file, and then I add krpano.swf to the list, deleting anything else.
    Would it be possible to add the free branding license this way? I haven't had very good experiences using Krpano Protect in the past and I'd like to use it as less as possible. It is a very useful tool, but there is something with it... I don't know. It never works as I expect and I end adding and removing lots of files manually *smile*

Cheers!

• Hi,

yes, the Branding Free License will be used only in the Flash Viewer, but it is planed to be useable also for HTML5 in future versions.

In order to create a swf file containing krpano.swf and krpano.license, I use Krpano Proctect. I select any random xml file, and then I add krpano.swf to the list, deleting anything else.

Adding the krpano.swf is wrong!
    The krpano.swf is the base/core file and will be used anyway as base when generating the output swf file.
    When you would manually add the krpano.swf you will only double the swf filesize.

Btw - the Branding Free License will be used also automatically by the Droplets. Just copy the license into the tools folder and use the droplets - the resulting swf files will be automatically branding free.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for your reply Klaus,

yes, the Branding Free License will be used only in the Flash Viewer, but it is planed to be useable also for HTML5 in future versions.

Looking at how fast you work on krpano I have the feeling we'll not have to wait a long time for that to happen.

Adding the krpano.swf is wrong!

As I said before, I have big issues using Krpano Protect *smile*

Indeed, last time I had to embed the license into krpano in order to upgrade to the latest version, I used a droplet. I forgot, that I actually made a droplet specifically to do that.

Yesterday, I came up with the way to embed the license that I described previously.
    It' only wrong, not only because I'm embedding krpano.swf twice, but also because the resulting file will load ONLY an xml file with the same name specified in the xml path in Krpano Protect.

I'm happy to know that I can embed both licenses using a droplet, and the using the resulting krpano.swf file in future projects.

Just out of curiosity. Is it actually possible to embed both licenses using krpano Protect?

Cheers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!