You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, January 24th 2013, 3:24pm

Loading an xml string in the HTML5 version of krpano

Hello everybody,

I think I'm turning crazy over this *g*
I understand how to load an xml string in the flash version (use addVariable in JS and add an onstart that will load the xml).

But, when krpano is in html5 mode, it does absolutely nothing! Just displays a black screen and nothing more.
I've tried every possible encoding option, pure xml string, encoding the &, encoding all special chars with percentage chars, etc.
krpano just doesn't care, even when I use the call method. I can trace some text but it just doesn't care about the loadxml instruction it seems.

Even if I use a very simple string like

Source code

<krpano version="1.8.0.15">
        <include url="/phonyxml.xml" />
</krpano>

Absolutely nothing happens (even though, when loaded normally as an xml file, it displays an error saying it can't find the file (normal behaviour).

I don't know what to do next.

Help?
Thanks! *tongue*

Thursday, January 24th 2013, 3:54pm

Hi

I think your path isn't good, try <include url="phonyxml.xml" /> if the xml is in in the same file

Thursday, January 24th 2013, 4:53pm

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
Actually, the path is supposed to be wrong, I was desperately trying to make krpano display an error when loading an xml string.

Friday, January 25th 2013, 11:59am

Hi,

you're right - using <include> tags in a loadxml() string is currently not possible in HTML5 viewer, but it should be in the next release.

Best regards,
Klaus

Friday, January 25th 2013, 2:45pm

I see,

Well, as I said, I was just trying to display an error message.
The fact is I can't get any feedback from the HTML5 version apart from the console.

Do you have an extremely basic xml string that could work? I have tried a lot of encodings and different variations but I still get the black screen even with a basic xml string with just one image file..

Edit : Hmmmm, wow, I think I could finally get it to work. I feel dumb. I was missing a side of the cube and had no error message. Apparently using single quotes to enclose attributes is also a no-no.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "baubbelayponge" (Jan 25th 2013, 3:06pm)