• Hi,

That sounds that you are seeing the HTML5 version.

Note - the in 1.16 version the 'NORMAL' droplets have set html5=prefer by default in the html file.
    With that setting the HTML5 viewer will be used by default when possible.

And by using the update tool only the viewer files will be updated - the html file and its html5 embedding setting will keep the same, so in this case probably the Flash version was used.

To know which version you are currently seeing make a right click and see - e.g. Flash:

or HTML5:

For HTML5 Firefox support, it would be necessary to provide the sound file also in a different format, e.g. Ogg Vorbis.
    The xml call to play the sounds would look like this:

Code
    playsound(bg, 'sound.mp3|sound.ogg');

Best regards,
    Klaus

• i'm using the last version 1.16.1

little bug found: in tour.xml , with both option on true

Code
    thumbs_dragging="true"
    	               thumbs_onhoverscrolling="true"

dragging option will not work on tablets (ios,android). it works only on pc and smartphone.
    i must set onhoverscrolling="false" to get thumbs dragging on tablets too...

• Hi,

little bug found: in tour.xml , with both option on true
    thumbs_dragging="true"
    thumbs_onhoverscrolling="true"

Thanks for this note!

The reason is this code in the vtourskin.xml - when the onhoverscrolling setting is enabled, then the dragging will be disabled:

Code
    if(skin_settings.thumbs_onhoverscrolling,
        set(layer[skin_thumbs].draggable, false);
        set(layer[skin_thumbs].onhover_autoscrolling, true);
      );

But that isn't good for touch devices of course.
    Here a fix that checks if the device is a touch-device before disabling the dragging control:

Code
    if(skin_settings.thumbs_onhoverscrolling,
        ifnot(device.touchdevice, set(layer[skin_thumbs].draggable, false));
        set(layer[skin_thumbs].onhover_autoscrolling, true);
    );

That vtourskin.xml fix will be included in the next release.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Is it correct that I have no (right click) context menu in Chromium on Linux when I type ?html5=prefer behind the url?

I have tested Chrome and Firefox in Ubuntu and there the contextmenu was working fine.
    Basically the contextmenu should work in every HTML5 browser that sends the "contextmenu" event on right-click...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus,

I have an element of an action that loads a scene and sets the lookat parameters via variables.

delayedcall(1, loadscene('sc%2',view.hlookat=%3&view.vlookat=%4,MERGE,BLEND(3)); );

When this is called via HTML5 ( :"prefer") it seems that the view.vlookat parameter is not evaluated.
    The vlookat heading that is "kept" from the previous scene is used but the hlookat parameter is evaluated as expected.
    When it is called via Flash (html5 :"never") it works as expected.

I have a trace immediately following the delayed call to see if the variables are being passed, and they are. *confused*

I think it has to do with the '&' separating the view parameters. Substituting a straight '&' breaks the XML as expected.

Here is the action in it's entirety.....

<action name="gotrans">
    js(transStart());
    stopsceneaudio();
    set(hotspot.enabled,false);
    set(autorotate.enabled,false);
    plugin[trans].playvideo(%SWFPATH%/player/media/%1.mp4);
    set(plugin[trans].visible,true);
    delayedcall(1, loadscene('sc%2',view.hlookat=%3&amp;view.vlookat=%4,MERGE,BLEND(3)); );
    trace('trans',%3,%4);
    </action>

• Hi, Klaus!
    small bug in "if" condition:
    for example

set(a,'0:05');
    set(b,'0:07');
    if(a == b, showlog(true);trace(a = b); ); true
    we will se a = b in trace.
    but if i set
    set(a,'1:05');
    set(b,'1:07');
    then all is ok
    if(a == b, showlog(true);trace(a = b); ); false

we will see nothing

and one more thing
    if I set(a,'0:123'); then if a == 0 will be true

Hope you will fix this bug
    Regards
    Andrey

• Hi,

Tried the new 1.16 update. All worked great except of the bingmaps plugin on ipad. When the scene is autorotating user cant use the map. Not same behavior with previous version.

Can you please show an example?
    If tested bingmaps with autorotate on an iPad now and don't see a problem...
    And normally these two things don't have a relation...

I think it has to do with the '&' separating the view parameters. Substituting a straight '&' breaks the XML as expected.

This is a bug and will be fixed in the next release.
    See also here:
    variables in the command LOADSCENE

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Thanks for these examples!
    Yes, they need to be fixed of course!

Edit: a quick analyses shows that the problem here is the internal number-type detection - values like '9:999' were (wrongly) detected as number and then compared as numbers (e.g. 0 == 0, 1 == 1 and 0 == false) and so leads to these wrong results...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,
    Can you please show an example?
    If tested bingmaps with autorotate on an iPad now and don't see a problem...
    And normally these two things don't have a relation...

Yes you can see here. In Ipad i cant use the map unless i interrupt the autorotate function.

*sorry
    link here

Code
    http://www.greecevirtual.gr/panoramic/kos/kos_island_new/tour.html

Edited once, last by daddynick (April 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM).

• Hi all,

I have a strange behavior with FireFox 20.0 and Windows 7. When I disable (temporary) the Flash plugin, in browser appear this message. In Mac with the same version of FireFox, it works fine.

"ERROR:
    Adobe Flashplayer 10.1 (or higher) or a
    HTML5 Browser with CSS 3D Transforms or WebGL support are required!"

Also, if I try this example: https://krpano.com/docu/html5/comparison.html (without Flash plugin active) this is screenshot. Why FireFox 20 does not support HTML5 version ...???

Thanks, Marco

Edited once, last by mastucc (April 14, 2013 at 1:31 AM).

• Hi,

I get this error when using your new version USE VTOUR NORMAL BATCH FILE ...IE and Chrome i get error but Firefox Fine

http://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzzRduV5x…dit?usp=sharing

In Chrome and IE10 the loading of local (=file://...) xml files is not allowed for security reasons by the browser (HTML5).
    The Flashplayer itself doesn't have that restriction.

I'm already preparing a detailed documentation and a small tool specially for that topic to show how to test HTML5 locally in all browsers.

Why FireFox 20 does not support HTML5 version ...???

Firefox itself supports HTML5 of course, but it your case that means your graphics hardware or graphics drivers are not supported (or black-listed) by Firefox. HTML5 works only with hardware accelerated graphics. Just as note - with the default html5=prefer embedding setting the Flash version will be loaded in this situation.

Open this url - about:support - in Firefox - there you can see if Firefox using the GPU (GPU accerlated windows) and if WebGL is available.

Ways to let Firefox using the GPU would be:

• either updating the graphic card drivers - via Windows Update or probably better by downloading the latest driver directly from the graphic card manufacturer
    • or trying to force Firefox to use the GPU:

1. enter the url - about:config - in Firefox
      2. enter 'webgl' in the search/filter field
      3. enable the webgl.force-enabled setting by double clicking it (set to true)
      4. restart the browser and try viewing the pano again
      5. if still not working:
      6. enter 'layers' in the about:config search/filter field
      7. enable the layers.acceleration.force setting by double clicking it (set to true)
      8. restart the browser and try viewing the pano again
      9. if still not working - sorry, then there is probably no way to let Firefox use your graphic card

More informations about Firefox and its GPU acceleration here:
    https://wiki.mozilla.org/Blocklisting/B…raphics_Drivers

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!