video stitching software

• Hi there,

Some of you who are interesting by the 360 video might have a look to VideoStitch, a software we just released in beta.

It works with a PTGui / Hugin calibration files, and it relies on the graphics card to do the processing, so the stitch is very fast.

There is a demo project on the download page, if you want to give it a try ( and if you have no 360 camera yet )

After the video has been re-encoded, it works seamlessly with krpano !

Best regards,

Nicolas Burtey

• Hi nelk,

I´ve been looking forward to a fast and easy-to-use video stitcher for future projects, but I have to say that your prices are ridiculous! And I am creating virtual tours for a living, so I can afford highly professional software. But your infinite resolution-version will obviously coast the amount of a Adobe Creative Suite *attention* Do you really think that your video stitcher is worth the same money as After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Flash Pro, Audition, Illustrator & much, much more combined? Even 499€ for the 4K-Version is quite a bit, compared to the prices of HQ-Stitchers like PTGui.

Thanks for the effort, but I think I´ll stick to PTGui, which is capable of stitching video-panoramas just fine!

Still, the best wishes for you and your business *smile*
    Nupsi

• But how can I view it in krpano? I downloaded the krpano viewer, and replaced the example video and my screen only shows the interface and no image.

I'll aprecciate your help.
    Thanks.

Hi Hernan,

The video needed to be re-encoded before going to krpano. You can use Handbrake for instance to do it.

The best quality will be done with a 2 pass encoding.

This will be improve over time to avoid this re-encoding step

Hi nelk,

I´ve been looking forward to a fast and easy-to-use video stitcher for future projects, but I have to say that your prices are ridiculous! And I am creating virtual tours for a living, so I can afford highly professional software. But your infinite resolution-version will obviously coast the amount of a Adobe Creative Suite Do you really think that your video stitcher is worth the same money as After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Flash Pro, Audition, Illustrator & much, much more combined? Even 499€ for the 4K-Version is quite a bit, compared to the prices of HQ-Stitchers like PTGui.

Thanks for the effort, but I think I´ll stick to PTGui, which is capable of stitching video-panoramas just fine!

Still, the best wishes for you and your business

Hi Nupsi,

Thanks for your comment. Yes PTGui is indeed a very good stitching tool, this is why we rely on it for the calibration. And if it fits your need, no problem to stick with it of course! But if you make panoramic videos regularly, you'll probably prefer a more dedicated tool.

And by the way, it's free to use for exporting video up to 1600x800 right now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!