You are not logged in.

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 9:14pm

crop problem

Dear Krpano community,

I have some problem with two png plugins. I'm applying some crop to them to show different states for the buttons, but the problem is, that when I load another panorama, they get distorted.

Now it's wierd because I know it's the crop - if I remove all cropping code, this doesn't happen.

However at the same time I double checked crop values and they seem to be fine, and also, if this was a crop problem, wouldn the image get cropped (maybe badly) instead of becoming distorted?

Check this image to see what the actual problem is:

As you can see it looks much more like scaling then cropping, but there is no scaling code working in the background...and again, if I remove cropping code, it doesn't happen. What could be the solution? Is this a bug, or am I just overlooking something?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Umalo

Professional

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 11:08pm

I would say you have defined width of the plugin and cropping different values, if I understood correctly your problem. If not ,best would be to share the link with us.

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 4:50pm

Hmm. The width of these plugins is not specified explicitly. Do I need to put their width in the xml for the crop to actually work? Will try that soon, maybe it is in fact the problem!

Umalo

Professional

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 5:56pm

No, I don't think there is the catch. Do you have this example online?

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 1:02pm

Hi,

is the krpano version up-to-date?
and are the crop 'width' values correct?

Best regards,
Klaus

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 1:54pm

Thanks, I was able to solve this issue. There was a default crop on the plugin, with different settings, strangely it somehow influenced the crops applied later. When I synced up some values, the issue disappeared. I still don't understand clearly what happened, but at least it's working good now.

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 1:56pm

Hi,

is the krpano version up-to-date?
and are the crop 'width' values correct?

Best regards,
Klaus

Yea, I noticed it behaved differently with various versions of krpano, and also as you can see from my previous reply, actually it was a width value issue. The width was valid btw, but somehow applying a different crop width to the default crop width caused the problem.

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 10:27pm

Hi,

yes, there was a bug in older versions with using crop with no width setting and changing crop-width settings, but the current versions should be fine.

Best regards,
Klaus