You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tubbritt

Trainee

• "Tubbritt" started this thread

Monday, June 24th 2013, 1:33pm

Krpano and Leap Motion.

Hi Klaus.
I've been asked to do a virtual tour of a Museum and to give the public an new experience. Something they can play with in the reception area before they take the actual tour.

Which beings me to Leap Motion and the hope that you might take a look at this device. It's a tiny little device that if placed in front of a Plasma TV, people could use their hands in the air to control the Virtual Tour on the Plasma TV.

That to me sounds so futuristic that the public will be blown away, and something many Krpano users might consider using in the future.

From a Krpano point of view, I was wondering if you would look into this device and consider developing a native plugin for it that is designed to work best with krpano. I think that this is something many will pay for. The leap motion device is also priced perfectly, so I think there's a good opportunity here for krpano and it's customers.

https://www.leapmotion.com/

Thanks for listening.
James.

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Monday, June 24th 2013, 3:06pm

yeahhhh
*thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

jeromebg

Professional

Monday, June 24th 2013, 10:58pm

Already working on this, and it's working !
But don't worry, the final version of leap motion ( 23 July ) will work as it is with krpano ;)

Tubbritt

Trainee

Monday, June 24th 2013, 11:43pm

Wow... that's fantastic news. Thank you very much.
This is rather exciting.

Just placed my pre-order for a Leap Motion.

Regards
James

view360

Beginner

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 4:37am

Really Thanks!

Great news, Its awesome.

just pre-ordered,

Suresh.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "view360" (Jun 25th 2013, 5:05am)

Tuesday, July 2nd 2013, 11:48am

Hi,

yes - that looks interesting - I will pre-order one too!

Btw - also interesting - it seems to work with two fisheye/wideangle cameras:
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/lea…arts-everywhere

Btw2 - other interesting device: (which I have already pre-ordered a long time again, and still eagerly waiting for getting it )
http://www.oculusvr.com/

Best regards,
Klaus

Tubbritt

Trainee

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 7:08pm

Excellent, thanks Klaus.
That Oculus headset looks really interesting. I must do some more reading on that. Looks great.

Regards
James

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 9:51am

I´m really looking forward to the Leap Motion-release. And the OculusVR is very interesting too! Is anyone here old enough to remember the VFX1-Helmet?! *g* I´m never get tired of cool gadgets like those *thumbsup*

LG
Nupsi

Tubbritt

Trainee

Friday, July 5th 2013, 11:36am

Quoted

Is anyone here old enough to remember the VFX1-Helmet?

lol.. are you kidding. Wasn’t that the VR Helmet they used in the movie Lawnmower Man? I remember drooling over my TV the first time I saw one. I also remember saying to myself that I can't wait until they are everywhere and that this was going to be the future of Computers.

They never caught on though. Sadly. Maybe the Oculus will do better as there seems to be interest in devices like this now for gaming and other reasons. Give it 2 years from now and there will be all sorts of zombies walking around the streets with Google Glass hanging from their head.

We will see.

Regards
James

fredp

Beginner

Wednesday, July 24th 2013, 1:19am

There is now an open-source browser plugin for the Oculus Rift (vr.js ) on GitHub. The plugin is supported on Chrome and Firefox, and provides a simple JavaScript interface to access the Rift head tracking data, and some convenience functions for rendering scenes in WebGL. It also supports the Razer Hydra VR controller, which is popular at the moment. I think krpano support for the Oculus Rift would be beneficial for many applications, although it would present some additional challenges in terms of UI/UX design and how depth is used. Spherical mapping would give the best effect, but krpano.js does not support spherical panoramas at the moment *sad* .

Wednesday, July 24th 2013, 7:51pm

Hi,

There is now an open-source browser plugin for the Oculus Rift (vr.js ) on GitHub.
Thanks, I know about that plugin and I will try using it as soon as I get my Rift.

Spherical mapping would give the best effect, but krpano.js does not support spherical panoramas at the moment *sad* .
How do you mean that - spherical mapping? best effect?
From the resulting screen projection there is basically no difference between spherical and cubical input...

Best regards,
Klaus

Tubbritt

Trainee

Thursday, July 25th 2013, 2:08pm

Seems my Leap Motion will be here tomorrow. Just got my DHL Tracking number.

Looking forward to seeing what this can do with krpano. Seems we have to run an app called touchless in order to get the leap motion to act as a mouse.

Regards
James

jordi

Intermediate

Friday, July 26th 2013, 12:54pm

I'm affraid you will not be very happy with what comes out of the box...

I did recive mine 5 days ago, an could not control the pano...

I think we have to writte some special plugin for that...
everpano.com step beyond 360

jeromebg

Professional

Friday, July 26th 2013, 12:55pm

Hum, Touchless app is still a bit "new" so it won't work perfect with krpano, specialy the zooming/unzoom feature and dragging.
Guess we'll have to work on a special krpano/leap app !

view360

Beginner

Friday, July 26th 2013, 4:21pm

I really unhappy with leap motion. I think they have to create a leap motion app for to view KRPANO then only it may be useful for us,

Tubbritt

Trainee

Friday, July 26th 2013, 7:02pm

Hi guys.

DHL changed their delivery date so I'm not going
to get it until the 31st now.

Wow... what a bummer. I was hoping that Touchless
would atlest offer good mouse emulation out of the box. GameWave is
another app that might do the job though. I believe it's like
touchless only you can add your own gestures and keybind them.

I sincerely hope Klaus considers writing a
dedicated plugin and selling it.

Regards

James

jeromebg

Professional

Friday, July 26th 2013, 10:37pm

GameWave isn't available yet on the airspace...
We developped an app to control krpano with the leap, still need improvements to make it customisable with different gestures , most difficult thing is to find a "natural" way to click on hotspots for new users...
I'll get you in touch when the app will be ready !

Tubbritt

Trainee

Saturday, July 27th 2013, 3:51pm

Thank you very much.
I look forward to seeing that.

Regards
James

Monday, July 29th 2013, 6:15pm

GameWave isn't available yet on the airspace...
We developped an app to control krpano with the leap, still need improvements to make it customisable with different gestures , most difficult thing is to find a "natural" way to click on hotspots for new users...
I'll get you in touch when the app will be ready !
Thanks, jeromebg!

I think a controller similar to the application "molecules" would be perfect.
I hope your news. Thank you!

Regards,
edu

Tubbritt

Trainee

Monday, July 29th 2013, 7:40pm

Hi Guys.

I got my Leap Motion finally today. Needless to say a dedicated plugin is needed to make it idiot proof, but for those who have time to figure it out, it's lots of fun.

In Touchless basic mode, not advanced, with your hand and your fingers spread a little apart, you can pan really easy. Then change your fingering to just finger one pointing and you can click on the hot spots rather easy. You get two completely different coursers by doing this.

Works relatively well given the time to figure it out, but it's far from idiot proof or usable for clients. That's only going to come I believe with a dedicated plugin.

Regards
James.