Virtual Open Day for Royal Holloway, University of London

• Hi everyone,

I've been checking out the brilliant examples on this forum for a while, and I've finally been able to convince my boss to let me post one of our projects on here.

This is a "Virtual Open Day" style project we produced for Royal Holloway, University of London. It's a mixture of video and 360 content that's been created to show off their facilities:

http://www.rhul.ac.uk/aboutus/ourcam…ltour/home.aspx

It would be awesome to get some feedback and hear what you all think!

-Dan

• my comments:
    - when switching to/out of full screen I expect not to reload the panorama and keep my view where I clicked.
    - When info/other hotspots clicked than there is mask over panorama that turned mouse as active area (handcustor="false" misisng) It should be only on infobox and not masking layer.
    - you should take chance and remove your self from mirrors/windows....
    - there is to long black screen delay with blink before preview of clicked panorama is chosen (by purpose or code mistake)
    - click and drag to explore and jumping FS not the same when using map or list of pano built inside

Otherwise nice project.
    regards
    Umalo

• Thanks for your feedback!

when switching to/out of full screen I expect not to reload the panorama and keep my view where I clicked.
    This is something we do to reduce loading time when the tour isn't in full screen - going full screen triggers a higher res panorama. I definitely see your point about keeping the view though.

When info/other hotspots clicked than there is mask over panorama that turned mouse as active area (handcustor="false" misisng) It should be only on infobox and not masking layer.
    This is a really good point - I think usually the function we use is to click anywhere to close the popup to increase usability, but it looks like that's not the case here. Good spot!

- you should take chance and remove your self from mirrors/windows....
    We're usually really thorough with this, so I'm curious - can you tell me which area this is in?

there is to long black screen delay with blink before preview of clicked panorama is chosen (by purpose or code mistake)
    I'll have a look into why it's taking so long to initialise the tour - thanks for pointing it out.

click and drag to explore and jumping FS not the same when using map or list of pano built inside
    We felt like this would get annoying if it happened with each new 360, so it only triggers once per list "group".

Thanks again for taking the time to have a look around and reply - it's really valuable to get feedback like this and I really appreciate it!

-Dan

• We're usually really thorough with this, so I'm curious - can you tell me which area this is in?
    Music rehea.....

click and drag to explore and jumping FS not the same when using map or list of pano built inside
    We felt like this would get annoying if it happened with each new 360, so it only triggers once per list "group".
    I would make it only once at very start.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!