krpano HTML5 Multiresolution Preview

• Got myself a bit of a problem here with the multi resolution version. I'm using it to display a floor plan of a museum with clickable hotspots that I had hoped would show regular 360 degree images. I can get a preview to show bit that's it.

This hot spot is on the multi res

Code
    <hotspot name="hs1" url="skin/vtourskin_hotspot.png" 
    	     	ath="-0.035077" atv="0.221943" width="47" height="47" onclick="loadscene(scene1, null, MERGE, BLEND(2));"
    	     	/>

and here's the scene it's loading

As mentioned the preview is being displayed but none of the tiles will load either on the desktop or the iPhone/iPad simulator.

I'm only using the multi res so I can display the flat floor plan and have no real reason to make the other 20 multi res as they are fine as they are.

Is it currently possible to mix HTML mutlires with regular html5 viewing or perhaps it's the ../ part that isn't going down very well?

I'm using MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet.bat for the floor plan then the rest is just regular scene code

Thanks,

Andrew

• Hi,

Is it currently possible to mix HTML mutlires with regular html5 viewing or perhaps it's the ../ part that isn't going down very well?

See the notes here:
    https://krpano.com/html5multires/#download

Note - this a preview pre-release version - it is not finished and not feature-complete yet! Several features aren't fully implemented and ready at the moment - e.g. normal non-multires panos might not work!

That means non-multires pano images are not supported in the current pre-release version (but they will soon in the next pre-release).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus,

I would be very happy if you can release a version with a new expiration date (or final version, of course) within the next couple of days. I have public projects using this version, and it may take time to get the update done on the third party servers.

Thanks.

• Hi,

the krpano 1.17 HTML5 Multiresolution Preview version was updated (build 2013-08-29):
    https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/../../html5multires/#top

New features in this release are:

• Improved flat multiresolution support - no 'shifting' on zooming when the level-sizes have slightly different size-aspects.
    • Support for normal (non-multires) panos.
    • Support for preview images for flat panos.
    • Full support for limitview, maxpixelzoom, zoomtocursor, zoomoutcursor.
    • A new experimental controlling setting - control.bouncinglimits (false by default). When enabled there will be a bouncing effect when zooming to far in and out (touch zoom only) and when panning out of the viewing range (drag2d control mode only). Enabled in the examples on the html5 multires page.
    • The zooming (fov changing) internally operates now at a 'linear scale'. This will give a more smooth and linear movement over the whole zoom range when zooming in and out .
    • Increased expire date to 2013-09-30.

Thanks to Joergen Geerds for providing the Brooklyn Bridge 6 Gigapixel panos as flat multi-resolution example pano:
    https://krpano.com/html5multires/#flat

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello,
    I still do not understand how it should work.
    I did all described steps and tried to compose simple test vrtour with one equirerctangular panorama and one flat image.
    1-krpano tools 1.16.6
    2-replaced krpanoiphone.js of 1.17 version
    3-drag two files into MAKE VTOUR(multires) droplet ( one sphericalpanorama and one flat picture)
    4-flash version works fine
    5- changed html5 to "prefer"
    6- in html5 version I can see only spherical pano and not the flat image
    http://www.virtualczech.cz/flatpanotest/indexflash.html
    http://www.virtualczech.cz/flatpanotest/indexhtml5.html

What step have I missed?
    marty

• I too am playing with it again. I know I shouldn't as it's only the early testing stage *wink*

I checked your HTML5 tour on Chrome (with flash deactivated) and get the following error message

INFO: krpano 1.17 (build 2013-08-29) INFO: Desktop/Win32 - Chrome 29.0 - WebGL INFO: registered to: Tibor Sedin ERROR: loadscene() - scene "scene_vr-team" not found

It's some sort of file path issue so try moving the flat image tiles to different places or changing the path in the xml?

Also what's the yellow stuff on the persons right foot in the flat image?

• HTML5 for flat multires partial panos is really a great addition I have been waiting for!
    Thank you for the hard work and making it happen.
    I made a test with the pre-release expiring today and all was fine.
    Then I download this morning the new pre-release expiring end of September and replaced the old one.
    I can't see the image anymore. No error in the log window, my license is indicated so it is active.

• Hi Klaus,
    I want to test HTML5 version, but I have static XMLs files. Is it possible to remove watermark in HTML or JS (I use php) instead of editing all my XML files?
    ... and very good work *thumbsup*

Thanks you

You can do it this…

Hi,

there is new version out - with remove-able watermark:

By adding this code in the xml it will be possible to hide the watermark:

Source code

<prerelease watermark="false" />

Best regards,
    Klaus

Panoreal — to make and see this wonderful world! *whistling*

• Hi,

I still do not understand how it should work.
    I did all described steps and tried to compose simple test vrtour with one equirerctangular panorama and one flat image.
    What step have I missed?

The current krpano tools aren't aware about the HTML5 flat-pano-support and so they are 'masking-out' non-cubical panos for HTML5 by adding devices="flash" to the <scene> elements of such panos.

That means just remove the devices="flash" in the xml.

Then I download this morning the new pre-release expiring end of September and replaced the old one.
    I can't see the image anymore. No error in the log window, my license is indicated so it is active.

Please post more informations or an example.

Is it possible to remove watermark in HTML or JS (I use php) instead of editing all my XML files?

The 'prerelease.watermark' variable can be set from everywhere and everytime - that means also in the html during embedding by passing variable or at runtime via the Javascript set() interface.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• This is really strange.
    I reexported all to have new set of js, xml, html and swf files.
    When I set never for html5 tag in embedpano in html file, I see the Flash version no problem.
    When I set it to prefer I get the watermark (I haven't disabled it as of now), the buttons, no image, no error in log.
    Same for local or online viewing.
    I cannot post here the link as I do not want it public now but I send you an email with details.
    xxGreg

• Klaus, thanks a lot for sorting me offline. I will just repeat here your workarounds so others can profit from it.

the viewer detects the pano only as FLAT pano when the hfov and vfov is below 1.0.
    That will be changed in the next release.
    As workaround one can try scaling the fov values proportionally to keep the vfov below 1.0
    Example:
    hfov="1.00" vfov="2.556175"
    to change to:
    hfov="0.3912095" vfov="1.0"

preview problem - for some reason the preview is rendered above the normal image.
    Removing the <preview> from the xml might help, but I'm (Klaus is) already working on a correct solution of course.

• I understand plugin.visible is flash only, not available in html5.
    Is there another way to hide the whole plugin layer in html5?
    Ideally not hiding in the process the plugins whose parent="STAGE", as it works in flash.

Just saw an update will come tomorrow. Thanks for the hard work.

• Hi,

the 1.17 pre-release has been updated:

Several smaller problems like the 'portrait' flat pano support are fixed there now.

I understand plugin.visible is flash only, not available in html5.
    Is there another way to hide the whole plugin layer in html5?

Yes, looping through all layers/hotspots - but please use an other/new thread for that topic and example codes.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!