• I am trying to place a video inside a TV that's inside the tour. The TV is not squared in the center of the tour so I cannot accurately place the video in the TV screen using ath="" and atv="" so I am trying to make a hotspot like this

<hotspot name="tv1" >
    <point ath="114.0" atv="-15.6" />
    <point ath="113.8" atv="-4.1" />
    <point ath="130.3" atv="-5.8" />
    <point ath="130.1" atv="-21.5" />
    </hotspot>

then use it as parent to contain the video hotspot or layer but the video will not show when placed in the parent hotspot above.

Here is my video hotspot/layer code
    Layer method

<layer
    name="videospot" parent="hotspot[tv1]"
    url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.swf"
    alturl="%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.js"
    videourl="videos/welcome2.mp4"
    distorted="true"
    loop="true"
    pausedonstart="true"
    range="100"
    volume="0.7"
    onclick="togglepause(); switch(soundinterface.mute); switch(autorotate.enabled);"
    width="100"
    height="56"
    />

Hotspot method

<hotspot
    name="videospot" parent="hotspot[tv1]"
    url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.swf"
    alturl="%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.js"
    videourl="videos/welcome2.mp4"
    distorted="true"
    loop="true"
    pausedonstart="true"
    range="100"
    volume="0.7"
    onclick="togglepause(); switch(soundinterface.mute); switch(autorotate.enabled);"
    width="100"
    height="56"
    />

What am I missing causing the video to not show in the parent?
    Am I approaching this the wrong way?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

• I once did a test with video inside a TV. I made the videospot distorted, then added Editor plugin and altered RZ RY and RX values in the Editor to perfectly align the video so that it matches the perspective of the TV screen. I think, you should go the same way.

You should play with this values:

Code
    rx="0.0" 
             ry="0.0" 
             rz="0.0"

Regards,

Alexey

• Are you 'guessing' the values from head or you opened the editor plugin to adjust RX RY values:

it's simple add editor to the tour, click "Editor" then "Hotspots" and then press the SPACE BAR and hold it and move mouse and you see how hotspot will rotate in RX and RY. To rotate Z axis, hold R and move the mouse.

Btw, can you post a link to the example?

Regards,

Alexey

• Hi! Just solved the issue and sent a PM to you. No need for any feature requests. I propose another feature request for all of you who are beginners: PLEASE, be more attentive to what is written here. Because if our advice goes unnoticed then there will be no learning and progress at all... *cry*

Regards,

Alexey

• I really appreciate what you said but also please understand that I did try for a long time before I posted this simply to avoid this comment.
    I did pay attention and told you that I did try rx, ry, rz values and could not get it right but you are simply better than I am on this and one day I will get it too but it's not because I did not pay attention, I am simply not at your level as yet.

Thanks again and I will let you know how it work out.

Edited
    I tried the code and there was still a gap on the top, I did get it close to this before but with your help and little more push I think I have it at a very acceptable spot after playing with the numbers little bit more.

THANK YOU!
    THANK YOU!
    THANK YOU!

Edited 2 times, last by thevtman (September 21, 2013 at 3:48 AM).

• Thanks for your input sachagriffin, I think I got it working a bit better with what Alexey gave me. Changing and testing a few numbers, see what happens when I change the values gave me an idea on what to do next time.

It's a bit tricky though.

Thanks guys

• This is not a complete project, actually it's not the final tour. I went to see the client and I had my camera so I just shoot these images.

http://virtualtourswindsor.com/example/
    This link will be removed soon

Still not perfect but the two on the patio took me about two minute to align. A few more practice and I will be a pro getting it done in seconds.

I have one issue with the editor.

In the editor, I can hold down the mouse and press, space, r, d, shift and ctrl. I noticed that if I press shift or ctrl which sizes the hotspot up and down, I cannot get the space and r to work.
    Basically after I use the shift and ctrl and try to hold down the mouse and press r or space it will not perform the actions it was meant to perform, it actually sizes the hotspot although I am holding space or r..

Is this a bug in the editor?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!