You are not logged in.

Saturday, January 11th 2014, 11:29am

Blending Multires Panoramas

Hi,

The example http://www.krpano.com/examples/116/examp…bes/slider.html demonstrates how to blend two panoramas. However, the approach used there only works for single resolution panoramas. Is there a way to blend multi resolution panoramas?

Thanks,
Ash

Alexey Tkachenko

Professional

Saturday, January 11th 2014, 11:48am

Hi! I suspect it would be veeeeery problematic, if not impossible. The slider uses 6 distorted hotspots to cover one panorama - so, in fact, there's no pano cubes. Hotspots form the image instead. And how could we set hotspots so that they form a multires cube and are loaded/removed depending on the zoom factor? I guess that would be a very hard and time-consuming task.
Regards,

Alexey

Sunday, January 12th 2014, 5:07am

Maybe a completely different approach would be needed here that doesn't use hotspots.

I think multi-resolution panoramas will become more and more important. On the one hand, we have increasing camera resolutions and, a more recent trend, high pixel densities for desktop monitors (retina displays). On the other hand, we have mobile devices with small screens and limited bandwidths. Multi-resolution panoramas are what's needed to bridge that gap, so it would be great if they offered the same features as single resolution panoramas.