krpano 1.17 (Pre Release)

• Hi,

I've downloaded the newer version and see that there's the ENCRYPT XML droplet.bat which is good as I don't really understand all this command line stuff *confused*

One thing I did like to previously do was encrypt the larger 2048 image tiles but keep the mobile 1024 versions as is for iPad etc. How do I do this now without jumping into the Command line world? Perhaps make a droplet to just drag them all into?

Many thanks,

Andrew

• One thing I did like to previously do was encrypt the larger 2048 image tiles but keep the mobile 1024 versions as is for iPad etc. How do I do this now without jumping into the Command line world? Perhaps make a droplet to just drag them all into?

Hi,

the ENCRYPT XML encrypts by default only xml and .js plugin files. This was done to avoid the accidentally encryption of any images which might otherwise lead to a wondering or questions why the images aren't working/loading. Encrypted images can be loaded only in Flash, but in the most cases HTML5 will be used by default, and there they will not work.

To allow encrypting images too with the ENCRYPT XML droplet, it would be necessary to open/edit the droplet and to remove the '-h5' setting.

But note - when encrypting the 'desktop' images, you need to care about that for Desktop always the Flash version and never the HTML5 version will be used. This would need to be done in the html file during the viewer embedding with the html5 setting - e.g. detect the 'desktop usage' with custom JS code and set html5=never. Here also keep in mind that you would exclude all desktop systems without installed Flashplayer when doing this.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

the ENCRYPT XML encrypts by default only xml and .js plugin files. This was done to avoid the accidentally encryption of any images which might otherwise lead to a wondering or questions why the images aren't working/loading. Encrypted images can be loaded only in Flash, but in the most cases HTML5 will be used by default, and there they will not work.

To allow encrypting images too with the ENCRYPT XML droplet, it would be necessary to open/edit the droplet and to remove the '-h5' setting.

But note - when encrypting the 'desktop' images, you need to care about that for Desktop always the Flash version and never the HTML5 version will be used. This would need to be done in the html file during the viewer embedding with the html5 setting - e.g. detect the 'desktop usage' with custom JS code and set html5=never. Here also keep in mind that you would exclude all desktop systems without installed Flashplayer when doing this.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Thanks for the reply Klaus. Damn I didn't realise that the non flash desktop users wouldn't see the encrypted images. Mind you I did think that everyone with a desktop / laptop would have flash installed and it was just the iPhone, iPad users that didn't have the option to install it but they would see the unencrypted mobile images anyway.

After reading your post I opened up chrome and disabled the flash plugin and sure enough all that was visible was the 'preview' image.

I'm about to create two large tours so will probably lay off the encryption completely as that seems to be the best solution all round.

Thanks again,

Andrew

• Don't know whether to post this here or under the textfield plugin. If I swap the new textfield.swf for the older (1.0.8 something) textfield.swf, it breaks ALL my older panos. Just swapping that one file causes the textbox to flash and flicker non-stop, resizing and rearranging the text. If I rebuild the pano with 1.17pr, the new textfield works fine - but I don't have time to rebuild over a thousand panoramas now.

Ed Fink
    http://BigEyeInTheSky.com

• Hi Ed,

When you just change:
    - all plugins
    - the viewer swf and js

You should be updated i suppose.

Make sure you make a backup of your old plugs and viewer files to be sure.
    Use the tour.swf and js that appear when you drop just one pano on the new droplets.

Give it a try
    Hope it helps,
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• A small question about license.

I updated my old pano to 1.17.pr2 and want to use googlemaps.swf because I have my old API for my domain.

Now I get error with license. Until now under 1.16.7 the maps worked well.

I just replaced plugins and krpano.swf and krpano.js with my 1.17.pr2 version.

May I still use old Googlemaps.swf without license error message?

Marty
    http://www.virtualczech.cz/bazilikaminor/

• I updated my old pano to 1.17.pr2 and want to use googlemaps.swf because I have my old API for my domain.

Hi,

okay, the next release will contain an updated googlemaps.swf with support for the new license system.

But please note - the development of the Google Maps Flash plugin itself has already been discontinued - that means the function set of it will remain at version 1.0.8.15.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• This is excellent ! many thanks Klaus :)

Just a quick questions as blendmode="screen" does not seem to work anymore when used on plugin or layer tag. I checked docs to see if their was an update but none mentioned.

Can anybody check if this param is still working ? It worked for me on 1.16 but on 1.17 is not having desired effect,

thanks and best wishes,

tom

• Hi,
    I'm working on gyro concept. I have used krpano 1.16 free demo version and gyro working fine in iPhone 4S. Now i have downloaded krpano 1.17 version and integrated it to work on iphone 4S but app crashes when loading gyro. I'm having iphone 4S (iOS 6.0.1) and used krpano 1.17 free demo version. Why this new version not supporting i phone 4S (iOS 6.0.1)?

• Hi,

Just a quick questions as blendmode="screen" does not seem to work anymore

Are you sure that you viewing the Flash version? (html5=auto or html5=fallback )

Note - blendmode is a Flash-only setting!
    There is no cross-browser equivalent available in HTML5 browsers today.

Why this new version not supporting i phone 4S (iOS 6.0.1)?

That should still work of course!
    Can you show your example?

Are you using the same images when comparing 1.16 and 1.17?
    Normal or Multires?
    If Normal - how large are your mobile images - 1024px or larger?

And which krpano version?
    krpano 1.17.pr2 or an older one?
    Before 1.17.pr2 the hardwarelimit setting, which was automatically reducing too large images, wasn't implemented.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

Krpano 1.17.pr2 working fine without adding your code in xml but again krpano 1.17 version not working and showing received memory warning in console then gets crashed. Why its happens only for krpano 1.17 version alone?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!