You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

olihar

Trainee

• "olihar" started this thread

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 4:28pm

Change from Spherical to Flat

I had on my old site a button that changed spherical images to flat images if people wanted to see them like so, (For example to see how they would print) This was a long time ago and when KrPano was flash only.

Now however HTML5 is the way to go. So I ask, anyone have an idea if something like this would be possible to get working in HTML5 and to work on all devices.

VR view to Flat and back to VR if one would want to do so.

I am talking tiled images here of course.

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 7:08pm

Hi,
I had the same question a while ago and the answer was no.
Flash only.
You could load another scene though where that pano is as a flat one i suppose.

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tuur" (Mar 27th 2014, 7:55pm)

Friday, March 28th 2014, 9:22am

Hi,

in Flash this was possible because a spherical pano and a flat pano were basically the same image, only with different geometry and blending between these geometries (flat and sphere) was possible.

But in HTML5 there are currently only cubes and flat panos, and there such isn't possible. And many HTML5 systems (e.g. iOS) are only supporting CSS3D, there something like spherical aren't possible at all with good quality and performance.

Best regards,
Klaus

olihar

Trainee

Friday, March 28th 2014, 1:51pm

So indeed only way is to have a second tileset with a flat image.

olihar

Trainee

Friday, March 28th 2014, 4:29pm

Then anyone have a suggestion to create generic button to change between these 2 images, for example if I want to use the same theme file for all sets like this. Like I currently do, Use 1 theme file for spherical and another for flat.

olihar

Trainee

Monday, March 31st 2014, 4:30pm

So I dont really care if I would need to have 2 tile-sets online, but what I care about is an easy way to change between them, and as well good way to create both sets at the same time with KrPano tools.

For example its a simple command to change between folder and folder_flat inside the same scene.

Any suggestion Klaus?

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Monday, March 31st 2014, 8:18pm

Throw the pic on the normal droplet and on the multires droplet ( set flat)
Then you have two scenes and two tile sets.
( just changing the folder makes no sence at all)

Switch between the scenes any way you want.

Tuur *thumbsup*

olihar

Trainee

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 4:52pm

Throw the pic on the normal droplet and on the multires droplet ( set flat)
Then you have two scenes and two tile sets.
( just changing the folder makes no sence at all)

Switch between the scenes any way you want.

Tuur *thumbsup*

What I am getting at is to make it easier, I know I can have 2 thumbnails to click but thats not what I am looking for, What I am looking for is if pano is leaded called 001 I would like to have a button that would then load 001_flat

Or load xxx_flat so it would work with any image I put that is spherical it would just be another folder with flat tiles. and have different view setting. So I could put that button into my skin and it would work with all images.

Tuur

Sage

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 5:00pm

i'm not talking about 2 thumbnails, but you need 2 scenes or 2 xml's to do that!

just because the image syntax is fully different, and some more..

Tuur *thumbsup*

olihar

Trainee

Friday, May 9th 2014, 4:36pm

So maybe someone has a suggestion for a solution that goes something like this.

Scene loaded and its Spherical image and its named 001_sph

Then have a button that says, change to a scene called 001_Flat so it will always go to a scene called the same as the spherical one _sph but loads the _flat scene instead, then when its in flat view the button changes and it works the other way around and loads the 001_sph scene.

This would be pretty easy if there is just 1 panorama then you can just use next and prev button, but if its a virtual tour one would like to have such feature automatically added and working always like stated above.

And of course, when changing to a flat image, Gyro should be disabled and then re-enabled when changing back to Spherical.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "olihar" (May 10th 2014, 2:34pm)