You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, December 17th 2013, 6:02pm

Black frame surrounding the embedded video

I ask, why do I embed the video as a hot spot to the scene, there is a black line around the video (html5)
Hurry, thank you!

Cheen has attached the following image:
  • problem.jpg

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 8:44am

Hi,

the css3d transformed rendering of the video depends on the browser itself.

Which browser and system are you using?

Best regards,
Klaus

Friday, December 20th 2013, 1:35pm

Hi, Klaus
I use win7 system, firefox browser and Google browser testing, using the. MP4 format video, you can see on firefox, also in chrome black border point, why the black border around there, mac's safari?

Thanks,
Cheen

Monday, December 23rd 2013, 6:03pm

Hi,

are you sure that there is no black border in the video itself?

Several video encoders are rounding the video sizes up to by 4/8 or 16 dividable sizes and filling the new space with black color...

But the fault can be also on the side of the browser - when the browser is rendering or decoding the video this way, there is no much can what could be done from script side...

Best regards,
Klaus

Friday, May 9th 2014, 5:52pm

I had this problem and fixed it by setting the background-color css property of the html5 video element to 'transparent'.
By default it is styled to black (rgb(0,0,0)) which causes the black lines to appear in some browsers.
In your css you need to apply the following style to any video element nested within your krpano div.

Source code

video {
background-color: transparent !important;
}

Although this is an old post I thought this reply may help other users who have this problem...

*thumbsup*

Friday, May 9th 2014, 6:40pm

Hi,

thanks for that hint!

I will add that directly to the videoplayer.js in the next release.

Best regards,
Klaus

nosferatu

Trainee

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 10:54am

Source code

video {
background-color: transparent !important;
}

This works well in Сhrome. But does not work on IOS.
Are there any ideas on IOS?

UPD:
I think the problem in this iPhone Video PlaceHolder:
nosferatu has attached the following images:
  • IMG_1311.jpg
  • IMG_1312.jpg

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "nosferatu" (Jul 23rd 2014, 12:13pm)