Can't remove watermark from cube images after updating license

• I registered krpano 1.17 successfully. When i use this krpanotool.exe with localhost then it converts pano to cube images with krpano watermark.
    My application is in asp.net and hosted in IIS server.

So, How can i resolved this issue in localhost?

Waiting for your reply..

• Hi,

the krpano license registration will be stored at the current user context - and your asp.net script probably runs with different user context and so can't see/find the registration.

To register krpano at the current user context, register it directly from the your asp.net script by using this call:

Code
    krpanotools64 register ###

where ### is your license code.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I perform register argument with kepanotools64. but still watermark comes in production server.

Please help me because i have to deploy release today..

Waiting for your reply..

• Hi,

are you doing the registering in the same context/environment as when running the asp.net script?

E.g. try it that way - first do call the register call in the your script and directly after that the call to process the images:

Code
    krpanotools64 register ###
    krpanotools64 makepano ...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for your solution. It's working fine.

Is there any way for we don't pass register command every time when i generate pano cube.
    e.g. use .licence file in same folder where my exe is hosted in IIS. So. we don't call this register command with code..

In previous version of krpano we don't use this register command. just put licence file in particular folder where exe is available.

So, Is there any other solution for that then please share it.

Regards,
    Rratiks

Edited 4 times, last by pratiks (October 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM).

• Hello,

We are having the same issue with the watermark. On the local development computer everything is working, but on a shared windows host watermark does not go away. We have modified the batch file to call the apply license prior to creating the pano but it's still the same issue. Both calls are in the same context / same batch file.

Because this is a shared host, we have no control over any permissions. We are using latest version 1.18.1 and HTML5 viewer.

Anything else we can try? Can we store license file directly in our folder where we have access and not user folder? Maybe we can provide path where license file is stored / accessed from?

The strange part is, when we initially uploaded all of the files to the shared host everything was working and then a few days later all files created on that server started to have the watermark. We did not make any modifications, so it's possible that the hosting company did something.

Thank you!

• Hi,

the krpano tools are storing the license information personalized either in the 'user folder' or when access to that folder is not possible, then in the folder of the krpano tools itself.

That means there would need to be write access to one of these folders - typically that should be the case, but I can't say anything about your shared host configuration of course.

Anything else we can try? Can we store license file directly in our folder where we have access and not user folder? Maybe we can provide path where license file is stored / accessed from?

No, that's not possible, but I will look for additional alternative solutions for future versions.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!