You are not logged in.

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 9:42am

Use hotspots with VR-headset

Hi!

I was thinking if anyone could help me out with this. I would need to create a way to move around from panorama to panorama with hotspots with VR-headset without any ways to directly interact with the tour. Best solution i could think of was to look into a hotspot and wait 2 seconds and it would activate loadscene-action. So somehow there would need to be object in middle of the screen to toggle this action. Anyone have done something similar already? Example where i would need such a thing here without hotspots yet: http://www.passojadesign.com/wp-content/…est/sbs83d.html Thank you!

Regards,
Jesse Passoja
Jesse Passoja
Passoja design
www.passojadesign.com

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 12:05pm

Hi,

here a full example for such:

Source code

<hotspot name="spot1" style="hotspotstyle" ath="0"   atv="0"  linkedscene="pano1" />
<hotspot name="spot2" style="hotspotstyle" ath="30"  atv="0"  linkedscene="pano2" />
<hotspot name="spot3" style="hotspotstyle" ath="60"  atv="0"  linkedscene="pano3" />
<hotspot name="spot4" style="hotspotstyle" ath="10"  atv="20" linkedscene="pano4" />
<hotspot name="spot5" style="hotspotstyle" ath="-10" atv="35" linkedscene="pano5" />
<hotspot name="spot6" style="hotspotstyle" ath="0"   atv="60" linkedscene="pano6" />
<hotspot name="spot7" style="hotspotstyle" ath="170" atv="30" linkedscene="pano7" />

<events name="testshotspots" keep="true" onviewchanged="testhotspots();" />

<action name="testhotspots">
    for(set(i,0), i LT hotspot.count, inc(i),
        getlooktodistance(d, hotspot[get(i)].ath, hotspot[get(i)].atv);
        if(d LT 10,
            highlight_hotspot(get(i), get(hotspot[get(i)].linkedscene));
            background_hotspot(get(i), 0.5, 0.5);
          );
      );
</action>

<action name="highlight_hotspot">
    if(hotspot[%1].ishighlighted != true,
        set(hotspot[%1].ishighlighted, true);
        tween(hotspot[%1].scale, 2.0, 2.0, default, loadscene(%2,null,MERGE,BLEND(1)) );
      );
</action>

<action name="background_hotspot">
    set(hotspot[%1].ishighlighted, false);
    tween(hotspot[%1].scale, 0.5, 0.5);
</action>

When looking at a hotspot, the hotspot will start zooming to scale 2x - and when the full scale will be reached, the linked scene will be loaded. When not looking at a hotspot, the hotspot will zoom back to scale 0.5x - and when doing this the 2x scale tween will be automatically stopped and so also the donecall with the loadscene call.

Best regards,
Klaus

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 3:23pm

Klaus you are amazing! It worked with first try and i'm now going to rock 3D virtualtours with my cardboard! I will find alternative hotspot in it but main thing is that it works perfectly!

Check the tour here: http://www.passojadesign.com/wp-content/…tour/sbs3d.html

Best regards,
Jesse
Jesse Passoja
Passoja design
www.passojadesign.com

jordi

Intermediate

Monday, September 1st 2014, 9:21pm

Hi, I was trying your demo on an iphone 4 with safari and iOS 7.1, and it's working so slowly, I think having the split screen for those kind of devices is too much work... it was even leaving the old pano on one side, so I got 2 differnt panos one for each side ..

Did you get any nice result with some other device ?

Klaus it's normal that it's getting collapsed having to load 2 panos at the same time ?
everpano.com step beyond 360

Monday, September 1st 2014, 10:56pm

Hi,

yes, an iPhone 4 is way too slow for such, an iPhone 5 or top-Android or top-Windows Phone 8.1 devices would be much better.

Best regards,
Klaus

jordi

Intermediate

Monday, September 1st 2014, 11:27pm

Thanks klaus, I want to point out that I was using very small panos 400 px for every face, and it could not even load the whole pano, just keeping in the preview of the pano.I ll try it without the onviewchange event and try to load the next scene with the magnet, maibe it s getting faster
everpano.com step beyond 360

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Monday, October 13th 2014, 6:29pm

When i have 5-6 or 7 hotspots my iMac also gets problems.. :-/
Edit:...mmm funny on ipad works good.
Edit2: .. next day after restart it works much much better.. ;-)
*question*
Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Tuur" (Oct 14th 2014, 2:16pm)

Sunday, October 19th 2014, 10:55pm

complete code.

http://krpano.com/stereo3d/ << I should not have received downloaded here.
Can you give the complete code?