krpanotools on ARM processor

• > Sorry, but there is no ARM version of the krpano tools.
    OK I see.

I discovered one method to use krpanotools on ARM.
    (But only 1.0.6.x or lower version..)

For the person who wants to use krpanotools on ARM, here is the method.

1. Install qemu(CPU Emurator)
      -> http://askubuntu.com/questions/138140/how-do-i-install-qemu
    2. Confirm whether qemu-i386 command is usable.
    3. Download toolchain for i386
      -> http://diablo.elis.ugent.be/download
    4. Unzip Toolchain files somewhere.
      (ex. tar xjvf toolchain-i386-glibc.tar.bz2 -C /home/nikaera/toolchain-i386)
    5. Make a path to toolchain at LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
      (ex. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/nikaera/toolchain-i386")
    6. Download krpanotools version 1.0.6.x or lower._
      -> https://krpano.com/download/archive/
    7. Unzip Krpanotools files somewhere.
      (ex. tar zxvf krpanotools-1.0.6.1-linux.tar.gz -C /home/nikaera)
    8. Change directory to the folder where krpanotools is unzipped.
      (ex. cd /home/nikaera/krpanotools)
    9. Input command as following.
      -> qemu-i386 ktransform
    10. If a ktransform help is displayed, succeed!!
  • Hello,

I am trying to run the tool on ARM processor...
    Unfortunately I cannot find Krpano Version 1.0.6.x in the KRPano archive or other places in Internet. The oldest version available is 1.0.8.15? Does anyone know where I can find Krpano Version 1.0.6.x?

Thank you.

• Hello there,

I have just tried to run krpanotools (1.17 version) with qemu-i386, this is the error I am getting:

qemu-i386 ./krpanotools makepano -config=templates/vtour-normal.config /tests/testPano.jpg
    Error -13 while loading ./krpanotools

Nikaera suggests to use 1.0.6.x or lower version, is it possible to have a copy, to try it out?

Thanks.

• Hi,

which 1.17 version?
    In version 1.17.5 the minimum required GLIBC version was reduced from 2.14 to 2.4 (and why even a 1.17 version and not the latest 1.18 version?)

About the error itself:
    - are you trying to run the 32bit or the 64bit version?
    - are the executable rights set correctly?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello,

which 1.17 version?

I tried with Version 1.17.6 (build 2014-10-17), available at https://krpano.com/download/archive/.

why even a 1.17 version and not the latest 1.18 version?

Because I tried 1.18 version in Ubuntu 12.04 32bit, and I get a scripting error when I try to use any of the executables (a "(" paranthesis missing) - I didn't dig too much in the issue because I knwe that with 1.17.6 the error does not occur.

are you trying to run the 32bit or the 64bit version?

32 bit.

are the executable rights set correctly?

Yes, they are.

For now I can load the panorama only by specifying "sphere" in the xml file and therefore using flash (html5:auto). As I prefer to use HTML5, is it possible to have the old copy mentioned at the beginning, just so that I can try it out and convert the panorama into tiles (cube format)?

Thanks.

Edited once, last by daytan (March 3, 2015 at 3:44 PM).

• Errata corrige:

I have just tried again with qemu-i386 and krpanotools In version 1.17.5 32bit for Linux, this is the error I am getting:

qemu-i386 ./krpanotools makepano -config=templates/vtour-normal.config /tests/testPano.jpg
    /lib/ld-linux.so.2: No such file or directory

if I type:

uname -a:
    SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 2 22:10:03 CST 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

Edited once, last by daytan (March 3, 2015 at 1:38 PM).

• Hi,

Because I tried 1.18 version in Ubuntu 12.04 32bit, and I get a scripting error when I try to use any of the executables

What kind of 'scripting error'?
    The 1.17 and 1.18 versions were build the same way.

As I prefer to use HTML5, is it possible to have the old copy mentioned at the beginning, just so that I can try it out and convert the panorama into tiles (cube format)?

No sorry, the old versions are not available anymore for license reasons - and especially the sphere to cube conversion was bad in the old versions (not fully correct aligned cube edges).

/lib/ld-linux.so.2: No such file or directory

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/3326…-armel-via-qemu

Best regards,
    Klaus

• 'Thank you for your help Klaus., it is very much appreciated.

I will test the Optware package solution, hoping in the meantime that krpanotools will be one day compatible with ARM platforms :)

• Hi,

I tried the solution above, unfortunately the package provided by Optware is for armel architectures and does not work on armhf, which is the one I need to use.

What I need to do in order to run the application is just to be able to display the sphere on the browser, but using html5 and a armhf OS. Does anyone any alternative suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

• The browser runs on Windows and so I thought of that. I set html5 to "html5=prefer+webgl", but I still see a black image instead of the image. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

• I did not specify an example because I hoped that a black image would have been an issue common enough to be indicative of the problem.

Please find an example below.

Windows 8 64bit - Firefox v36.0.1

tour.html

HTML
    <!DOCTYPE html><html><head>	<title>krpano.com - test_sphere</title>	<meta name="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=device-dpi, width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, minimal-ui" />	<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />	<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />	<meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=edge" />	<style>		@-ms-viewport { width:device-width; }		@media only screen and (min-device-width:800px) { html { overflow:hidden; } }		html { height:100%; }		body { height:100%; overflow:hidden; margin:0; padding:0; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:16px; color:#FFFFFF; background-color:#000000; }	</style></head><body>
    <script src="tour.js"></script>
    <div id="pano" style="width:100%;height:100%;">	<noscript><table style="width:100%;height:100%;"><tr style="valign:middle;"><td><div style="text-align:center;">ERROR:<br/><br/>Javascript not activated<br/><br/></div></td></tr></table></noscript>	<script>		embedpano({swf:"tour.swf", xml:"tour.xml", target:"pano", html5:"prefer", passQueryParameters:true});	</script></div>
    </body></html>

tour.xml

Code
    <krpano version="1.17.4" title="Virtual Tour" onstart="startup();">
    	<include url="skin/vtourskin.xml" />
    	<!-- set skin settings: bingmaps? gyro? thumbnail controlling? tooltips? -->	<skin_settings bingmaps="false"	               bingmaps_key=""	               bingmaps_zoombuttons="false"	               gyro="true"	               thumbs_width="120" thumbs_height="80" thumbs_padding="10" thumbs_crop="0|40|240|160"	               thumbs_opened="false"	               thumbs_text="false"	               thumbs_dragging="true"	               thumbs_onhoverscrolling="false"	               thumbs_scrollbuttons="false"	               thumbs_scrollindicator="false"	               thumbs_loop="false"	               tooltips_thumbs="false"	               tooltips_hotspots="false"	               tooltips_mapspots="false"	               controlbar_offset="20"	               />
    	<!-- set optional skin logo url -->	<layer name="skin_logo" url="" scale="0.25" opened_onclick="openurl('...',_blank);" />

<action name="startup">		if(startscene === null, copy(startscene,scene[0].name));		loadscene(get(startscene), null, MERGE);	</action>
    		<scene name="scene_test_cube" title="test_cube" onstart="" thumburl="panos/test_cube.tiles/thumb.jpg" lat="" lng="" heading="">		<view hlookat="0" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="120" maxpixelzoom="2.0" fovmin="70" fovmax="140" limitview="auto" />		<preview url="panos/test_cube.tiles/preview.jpg" />		<image>			<cube url="panos/test_cube.tiles/pano_%s.jpg" />			<mobile>				<cube url="panos/test_cube.tiles/mobile_%s.jpg" />			</mobile>		</image>		<!-- place your scene hotspots here -->	</scene>		<scene name="scene_test_sphere" title="test_sphere" onstart="" thumburl="panos/test_sphere/thumb.jpg" lat="" lng="" heading="">				<preview url="panos/test_sphere/preview.jpg" />		<image>			<sphere url="panos/test_sphere/test_sphere.jpg" />		</image>	</scene>
    </krpano>

By typing "tour.html?html5=prefer+webgl", so that flash is not used, the first scene (the one that uses tiles) it is loaded fine. When loading the second scene I see only a black image with "loading". I attach a screenshot for clarity purposes.

test_sphere.jpg is a equirectangul panorama image with size 850x425 (I tried several sizes).

Hopefully can help others too.

Thanks.

• The problem occurred with KrPano version 1.17.4 for Windows.
    I double-checked by downloading and trying with version 1.17.6 and the problem still occurred.

I used then the latest version of KrPano 1.18.3 and the issue was solved under the same conditions.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!