krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 1 - WebVR / MobileVR / Stereoscopic 3D Support (Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, GearVR, ...)

• Hello Klaus,

Just to let you know, the weird problem I had with the IPD was all because a faulty Cardboard Goggles.
    I ordered a new one and then it worked fine. I have no idea what was wrong with it, but it's fine now.

Nevertheless, this issue helped to let you know about the Motorolla G buttons inside the screen (even in full screen mode), which could lead to a false calculation of the screen width.
    This bar actually disappears when I use the 'Cardboard App'. So after all there must be a way to actually hide this bar.

Thank you very much for your help.

• Hi,

Just to let you know, the weird problem I had with the IPD was all because a faulty Cardboard Goggles.

I ordered a new one and then it worked fin

Thanks for the update - I've also ordered another Google Cardboard - see this post.

which could lead to a false calculation of the screen width.

That's already respected in the next release.

So after all there must be a way to actually hide this bar.

Of course there is a way - but not from HTML/JS.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Is there any way to use WEB VR plugin to show cylidrical panorama?

• Hi everybody !

Here is my first try with krpano 1.19, a short demo : http://zooomez.fr/test/krpano-1.….xml&html5=only

It works with Oculus DK2 and Chromium, but jerky *sad* as if I had a 10 fps framerate... Though lot of apps work well with my oculus. It was much more fluid with the npvr Chrome extension. I don't know if there is something wrong in my config or if it is because of the "refresh" mentionned by Klaus.

I would be interested if some of you could give me their feedback with other VR devices (cardboard, gearVR, VROne...). Does it work ?

Best regards and thanks again Klaus for this amazing work !!! *w00t* *thumbsup* *wink*

Questions :

- if I press the keyboard's arrows to rotate the image, the movement is very very very slow... Normal ? Edit : only in VROne mode, other modes work fine.

• Hi,

"mobilevr_lens_fov="0" in WebVR plugin, so it can't be larger. Is this only parameter that responsible for zooming?

There is no zooming in VR. Try to change the lens settings for zooming would be wrong - these settings should match the lens of the headset and not be used for zooming.

Besides there is no limits viewing range, which was oryginally used. Is there any posibilites to make limits for not seeing this black background?

Limiting the head-tracking is very bad - image you move your head to left but what your eyes see doesn't change/move - this is a no-go for VR.

where can i get krpano 1.19 for Linux

Sorry, but this is only a Pre-Release and currently only available for Windows and Mac.

It works with Oculus DK2 and Chromium, but jerky *sad* as if I had a 10 fps framerate... Though lot of apps work well with my oculus. It was much more fluid with the npvr Chrome extension. I don't know if there is something wrong in my config or if it is because of the "refresh" mentionned by Klaus.

When you get a very low framerate, then this is related to the browser or system itself.
    Any krpano related config or setting can't change that.

What GPU do you have?
    Try checking the 'chrome://gpu' page.
    Have you tried other WebVR demos? How do they perform?

Btw - great tour! *thumbsup*

- if I press the keyboard's arrows to rotate the image, the movement is very very very slow... Normal ? Edit : only in VROne mode, other modes work fine.

The keyboard zoom speed is automatically related to the fov/zoom and in case of the VROne an extreme fov is used and this leads to slow keyboard movement. I will try to address this.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

changing looking direction directly in VR is currently not possible, but in the next pre-release it will be possible by using the resetSensor(hlookat) action:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/webvr/#resetsensor

But if you only want to align/rotate the pano images itself, then the prealign setting could be used:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#image.prealign

e.g. to rotate around horizontally:

Code
    <image ... prealign="0|45|0">
    </image>

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks Klaus. The prealign setting would be perfect if it worked identical in VR mode and in non-VR mode. But it seems it does not: when I open a tour, the image is indeed rotated and the hotspots are in the exact same spot as they were before I set prealign. When I click the Enter VR button, the hotspots move with the prealign setting. In this example (prealign="0|180|0"), the two hotspots move 180 deg horizontally after clicking the Enter VR button.

Example

Am I doing something wrong?

• Hi,

Ok, but how about cylindrical panorama? Is it possible to watch it using for example Google Cardboard?

The type of the pano image (cube, spherical, cylindrical) doesn't matter for the VR rendering - that works all the same. The only difference is the viewing-range limitation - in VR mode that will be disabled.

You could try using <view limtview="off" /> to get the disabled viewing-range limitation also in normal mode.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• What GPU do you have?

GTX275, an old GPU, but the rift apps are much more fluid than my panos... As far as I remember, sometimes panos are very well displayed, and sometimes not. I have updated my graphics drivers, maybe I should try an older version.

Have you tried other WebVR demos? How do they perform?

Same thing with Jerome's Paris VR.

Btw - great tour!

Thanks for your "great tour" mention, very honored. *rolleyes*

I have another question : we made several 360 panoramas at the French Space Center (if French Guiana) and the CNES wants to present some of the most intersting panos at the "Salon du Bourget", on screen and with several VR devices too. I have 2 options : GearVR + Note4, or OneVR + LGG3 D855. The first option (maybe little bit better) is twice the price of the second.

My problem is : I don't know the of the connexion, maybe thousands of people will be connected simultaneously (more than 3000 reporters on this event). So how to display a whole tour without any connexion, and cache all the necessary files ?

I have tried this : first I display all the panos of my short demo, then I turn off all the connexions, restart the phone... and it works well ! But not very easy to do, and I am afraid that for any reason the cache could empty...

Would there be a better way to cache all the needed files in the internal memory (or better on an SD card) and have an offline tour ?

Best regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!