krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 1 - WebVR / MobileVR / Stereoscopic 3D Support (Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, GearVR, ...)

• Hi,

Did you see this news regarding the DLL model for the Oculus Rift SDK.

Is it something you can make use of in krpano?

I know about this of course, but that's not related directly to krpano, that's more related to the WebVR browsers developers and I'm sure they know about that ;-).

Have you tried other WebVR demos? How do they perform?
    Same thing with Jerome's Paris VR.

Hehe - a classic misunderstanding *wink* - with 'other WebVR demos' I mean other 'non-krpano' WebVR demos - e.g. like this Quake WebVR demo:
    http://media.tojicode.com/q3bsp/

So how to display a whole tour without any connexion, and cache all the necessary files ?

You could look for some (Chrome-based)-'offline-reader' or 'localhost-server' apps for Android. With such apps it should be possible to store and view the panos locally on the device.

I`m only getting the sound with 360 video Note4 and the HTC one (maybe others too).

Strange, I've a Note 4 too and no problems...
    Which browser are you using?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• hello,

I am new to the world of krpano and I slowly learn.

The demo link on the first page works perfectly at home with my dk2 oculus.

But the demo in the download package 1.19 (in the folder 'viewer / examples / webvr /'). does not show me the menu vr and headtracking does not work

that should we do to make this example work with my dk2?

Is it possible to have the source files of the demo visible on the first page?

thank you

Dan

• Hi,

your screenshot looks like if you're trying to use an old krpano version with the new WebVR example - but this can't work.

Is it possible to have the source files of the demo visible on the first page?

A reduced example is included in the 1.19 download package.
    The files of the original example can also be seen or used - just download them directly (e.g. use the browser developer tools to see the file paths).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Any documentation about the new Javascript actions feature ?

Sorry, but that's a pre-release and that's all still in development, but there will be a full documentation about the new features with the final version of course.

I have a problem keeping var for severals javascript actions...

Do you mean to store variables in one action for reusing them in an other one?

Variables defined by 'var' are local variables in Javascript, they will be away when the action is done. To store variables, they need to be stored at a global object. You could use the Javascript 'window' object for this - or store your variables anywhere inside the krpano data structure.

e.g.

Code
    // create a 'my_vars' object in the window object:
    window.my_vars = {};

// add properties to it:
    window.my_vars.setting1 = 123;
    window.my_vars.setting2 = "abc";

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

your screenshot looks like if you're trying to use an old krpano version with the new WebVR example - but this can't work.

A reduced example is included in the 1.19 download package.
    The files of the original example can also be seen or used - just download them directly (e.g. use the browser developer tools to see the file paths).

Best regards,
    Klaus

It's ok *g* thank you for all

• Variables defined by 'var' are local variables in Javascript, they will be away when the action is done. To store variables, they need to be stored at a global object. You could use the Javascript 'window' object for this - or store your variables anywhere inside the krpano data structure.

Cool, thanx Klaus !

DId it another way for now, but playing/controlling sound without user interaction (almost) now works for WebVR usage !!!
    http://360images.fr/parisvr
    Choose the tour with the headphones on it ;)

• Hi Klaus,

I want to ask if I encountered a bug, or maybe I did something wrong.

Situation:
    - MacBook Pro with 10.10.x Yosemite
    - Safari 8.0.4 (not Mobile)

When I set the mobilevr_fake_support to "false" the krpano VR logo text and Look here to start text keep showing. I would expect that these would disappear.

Is it something you already knew?

• Cool, thanx Klaus !

DId it another way for now, but playing/controlling sound without user interaction (almost) now works for WebVR usage !!!
    http://360images.fr/parisvr
    Choose the tour with the headphones on it ;)

Hi jerome,

Really nice tour that really works !!!! *thumbsup*

I try to make the same kind visrtuelle visit with buttons to trigger sounds, but I mess around with the code, you would share your xml file so I can move faster?

Dan

• Hi,

I want to ask if I encountered a bug, or maybe I did something wrong.

When I set the mobilevr_fake_support to "false" the krpano VR logo text and Look here to start text keep showing. I would expect that these would disappear.

That's not a bug *wink* - that's the example itself.

Just have a look in the xml file, the example is build that way. That example is an example dedicated to demonstrate the VR possiblites and the krpano VR logo is just a distorted hotspot. Without VR support you will see the example also as it is, just without VR support.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi jerome,

Really nice tour that really works !!!! *thumbsup*

I try to make the same kind visrtuelle visit with buttons to trigger sounds, but I mess around with the code, you would share your xml file so I can move faster?

Dan

You can't play a sound on mobile without user interaction (touch screen) so the idea is to have a unique sound file that you play when first clicking on the screen to start vr mode (fullscreen) and then control the sound with javascript and an external soundplayer (because krpano soundinterface plugin can't go to a specific timing of the audio file, or I dodn't found how ?)
    So I used Soundinterface 2 to play and control my audio file, and when I click on the screen to enable vrmode I load and play my sound wich is blank in the first seconds and pause it, then when I load a scene I call a javascript function to go to the part of the soundfile I want to play and play the file and execute a delayedcall to pause the sound when the part I want to read is finished.

And that's it ;)

• Hi,

That's not a bug *wink* - that's the example itself.

Just have a look in the xml file, the example is build that way. That example is an example dedicated to demonstrate the VR possiblites and the krpano VR logo is just a distorted hotspot. Without VR support you will see the example also as it is, just without VR support.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Lol of course! What would be an easy way to hide the look here to start text if webvr or mobile vr is not supported..

• You can't play a sound on mobile without user interaction (touch screen) so the idea is to have a unique sound file that you play when first clicking on the screen to start vr mode (fullscreen) and then control the sound with javascript and an external soundplayer (because krpano soundinterface plugin can't go to a specific timing of the audio file, or I dodn't found how ?)
    So I used Soundinterface 2 to play and control my audio file, and when I click on the screen to enable vrmode I load and play my sound wich is blank in the first seconds and pause it, then when I load a scene I call a javascript function to go to the part of the soundfile I want to play and play the file and execute a delayedcall to pause the sound when the part I want to read is finished.

And that's it ;)

thank you , it's too complicated for me , I'll wait for the next 1.19.

Damage to the xml file sharing

Dan

• Damage to the xml file sharing

Nothing special with xml, just call javascript functions with krpano, something like :
    js(start_my_sound(2000));delayedcall(10,js(stop_my_sound())
    will call the start_my_sound function with 2sec setting, and stop the sound after 10 sec.
    For the javascript function the api is on Soundinterface 2 website ;)

• Hi Klaus,

Brandon Jones released a new version of the Android WebVR Chromium build.

When I try your example from the start post it doesn't show the Enter VR button anymore. Also my own examples don't work anymore with this new build.

Note that I've enabled WebVR mode in chrome://flags.

• Hi,

Brandon Jones released a new version of the Android WebVR Chromium build.

When I try your example from the start post it doesn't show the Enter VR button anymore. Also my own examples don't work anymore with this new build.

I know - the WebVR API specs have changed and therefore the old API isn't working anymore. The WebVR API is still experimental and so this can happen a several times in future too.

I have already updated to the new API specs (while keeping compatibility to the old one), but I'm still working on several optimizations, smaller bugfixes and some browser-bug-workarounds before releasing the next pre-release version.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Quoted from "philkrom"
    Have you tried other WebVR demos? How do they perform?
    Same thing with Jerome's Paris VR.
    Hehe - a classic misunderstanding - with 'other WebVR demos' I mean other 'non-krpano' WebVR demos - e.g. like this Quake WebVR demo:
    http://media.tojicode.com/q3bsp/

I have tried Quake web Gl, very low framerate (about 10-11 in fullscreen).

But I have found a solution !

I actually have 2 graphics cards : an intel (on the motherboard, connected to 2 screens) and a NVidia GTX275 where are plugged a 3rd screen and the Oculus DK2. If I disable the intel, same problem : if I switch to VR mode, I have a low framerate (maybe 20 fps ?).

But if I set the Oculus as main diplay AND disconnect the other monitor on the GTX275, it works PERFECT !

So it works, but not very easy : I have to change rift to principal display, remove secondary, then launch Chromium, look inside to find the enterVR button... And once finished, reverse the process.

I am looking for a more simple way to do this, any idea welcome !

Do I am the own with this issue ? Are there other rift users on this forum ? Can you please try this url : http://zooomez.fr/test/krpano-1.….xml&html5=only and give me your advice ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!