krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 1 - WebVR / MobileVR / Stereoscopic 3D Support (Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, GearVR, ...)

• Hello,

I can confirm the hotspot-video issue than occurs to bmeyer
    The video plays OK in a mobile device, but as soon as I enter into VR mode the video disappears and I can only hear the audio.
    I guess this issue is just a 'work-in-progress' thing and Klaus will iron this creases further down the line.
    After all this the version 1.19 is still a Pre-Release.

Cheers
    https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…er&userID=22643

• Tourvista and bmeyer

As mentioned in the notes at the start of this thread
    Pre-Release Notes:

• In stereo rendering mode only distorted image hotspots will be available (no non-distorted hotspots, no textfield hotspots, no polygonal hotspots).

cpw

create your own swf and js files with your embedded license in krpano tools app in the 1.19 package. Replace the example .js and .swf files with the ones you generated

• Hello Red,

Thanks for your quick reply.

In stereo rendering mode only distorted image hotspots will be available (no non-distorted hotspots, no textfield hotspots, no polygonal hotspots).

In other words, distorted video hotspots are not supported, is that correct?
    Has Klaus said if this definitive? Will distorted video hotspots available in the final release of 1.19?
    It's quite difficult to track all the comments said in this long thread *smile*

Thanks

• I played around with the webvr plugin, and got it integrated in our tours. When I turn on the webvr mode, I set all hotspots to distorted true to show them correctly.
    When I leave it, I set the hotspots back to not distorted, cause the pano is stuttering with distorted ones. But now they are not shown anymore, because the webvr plugin seems still active.

Is there a possibility to preload the module, but activate and deactivate it?

• Thanks you so much for this pre-release. I've been testing it with an Oculus DK2 and I can tell the result is impressive. Wow. Great job!
    Now my comments:

- I've experienced some lag but seems it just happens in computers with nVidia (even VERY powerful) and not with ATI cards. Is it something related to OpenCL? (nVidia performs much worse in this area)

- I've built a simple demo tour of Menorca Island here with VR support: http://www.hugorodriguez.com/tour_virtual/p…norca/tour.html
    And I enjoyed so much viewing it in the Oculus. Hope you enjoy it.

- I have a tour I've made with Panotour Pro; Is there any way I can simply update it to make it compatible with VR?

- The environment of the krpano demo tour in the first page of this thread is impressive (that one which seems to be up in the clouds in the sky). Is that some kind of template that we can use? I've love to. And the animations that make the photos come up at the beggining, how can I do that? Any help will he apreciatted (or a link to the specific help).

Best regards to all,

Hugo

• Klaus indicated that

The current looking direction will be always the one from the headset, any manual changing of the hlookat/vlookat values will be not possible. But in the next pre-release the resetsensor() action will work and be able to set a new 'zero' for the looking position.

Would this also apply to setting the fov? In with the HMD support, some nodes seem excessively zoomed in, and I cannot seem in the xml to modify the fov. Adding, for example,

Code
    <view fov="110" />

has no effect.

• Hi,

When I translate hotspot object by tr/ty/tz attribute,
    the rotation axis still remains original position.
    Is it possibile to shift the rotation axis to object coordinate?

The hotspot rendering support via WebGL (used in stereo rendering mode) is incomplete at the moment, but in the final version all current available settings and maybe even some more are planed to be supported.

In other words, distorted video hotspots are not supported, is that correct?
    Has Klaus said if this definitive? Will distorted video hotspots available in the final release of 1.19?

Yes, currently only image hotspots are supported when rendering the hotspots via WebGL.

Note - in stereo-rendering mode only WebGL rendering is available. With CSS3D-rendering (that was used normally for the hotspots) it's not possible to render an element two times without duplicating the related HTML DOM - and additionally CSS3D is not available in the real WebVR API in Chrome and adding processing like lens-distortion isn't possible this way too.

That means all lot of the current hotspot functionality need to be re-implemented to be available also in WebGL rendering mode.

This applies also for video-hotspots - the internal code-paths and APIs for using the videoplayer plugin as hotspot and constantly updating the internal WebGL textures with the video frame isn't implemented yet.

But for the final 1.19 release all this is planed of course.

When I leave it, I set the hotspots back to not distorted, cause the pano is stuttering with distorted ones. But now they are not shown anymore, because the webvr plugin seems still active.

Sorry, no idea what you mean - 'seems still active' - ???

I've experienced some lag but seems it just happens in computers with nVidia (even VERY powerful) and not with ATI cards. Is it something related to OpenCL? (nVidia performs much worse in this area)

No, there is no general issue.

The environment of the krpano demo tour in the first page of this thread is impressive (that one which seems to be up in the clouds in the sky). Is that some kind of template that we can use? I've love to. And the animations that make the photos come up at the beggining, how can I do that? Any help will he apreciatted (or a link to the specific help).

Yes, a reduced version of this example is already included in the 1.19 pre-release download package but you can also have a look at the source files of the online example.

In with the HMD support, some nodes seem excessively zoomed in, and I cannot seem in the xml to modify the fov.

There is no zooming in VR, this would be wrong. When it seems 'excessively zoomed' then the headsets settings are probably not matching your VR headset. Try selecting other VR headset settings or customize them (see the 'SetupVR' button).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

I'm trying to customize the webvr.xml plugin file. I've added an action to the onclick event of webvr_button (Enter/ExitVR button). However, when I EnterVR and the button changes to ExitVR, the ExitVR button doesn't do anything anymore when clicked on.

What I want to achieve is that a scene isn't loaded until I click on the webvr_button (EnterVR button).

I think it has something to do with the action webvr_onexitvr in the weber.xml plugin.

Code
    <action name="webvr_onentervr">		set(layer[webvr_button].url,'img/exit.png');		set(layer[webvr_button].align,'top');		set(layer[webvr_button].y,'24');		if(ismobilevr, tween(layer[webvr_setupbutton].alpha,1));		webvr_hide_all_non_vr_layers();		<!-- when the screen size is unknown an no custom size is set, open the setup screen on entering the VR mode -->		if(webvr.ismobilevr == true AND !webvr.isfake AND ask_user_for_screensize == true AND webvr.mobilevr_screensize == 'auto',			set(ask_user_for_screensize, false);			vr_setup();		  );	</action>	<action name="webvr_onexitvr">		stopdelayedcall(vr_button_fadeout);		set(layer[webvr_button].url,'img/enter.png');		set(layer[webvr_button].align,'top');		set(layer[webvr_button].y,'24');		tween(layer[webvr_button].alpha,1);     		tween(layer[webvr_setupbutton].alpha,0);		webvr_restore_layers();	</action>	<!-- the EnterVR and SetupVR buttons -->	<layer name="webvr_button" keep="true" vr="true"	       url="%SWFPATH%/img/enter.png"	       alpha="0"	       autoalpha="true"	       align="center" y="+6%"               zorder="2"               handcursor="true"	       onclick="webvr.toggleVR(); load_scene();"	       />

I've figured out why the button wasn't doing anything. I forgot to delete a set(onclick,null) from another example lol :) .

ps How do I format the BBcode of the forum with newlines....

Edited 3 times, last by Ibrendie (April 20, 2015 at 9:17 PM).

• Sorry, no idea what you mean - 'seems still active' - ???

We create the XML with Javascript. The flow is:

First load -> Hotspots not distorted, WebVr Plugin is loaded via webvr.xml
    - all hotspots are shown
    enter WebVr -> Set hotspots to distorted
    - all hotspots are shown
    leave WebVr -> Set hotspots to non distorted
    - no hotspots are show

When I leave the hotspots distorted, they are shown every time, but I discovered a worse performance with the distorted ones, so I want to activate it only wenn necessary.

• Hi Klaus,

What does the following line do? I don't understand it. I can't find a sensor_button layer and also not an action called update...

Code
    callwith(layer[sensor_button],update());
    Code
    <!-- when WebVR support is available show an EnterVR button -->	<action name="webvr_onavailable">		loadsettings();		tween(layer[webvr_button].alpha,1);		callwith(layer[sensor_button],update());	</action>
  • I configured the DK2 runtime environment in accordance with the instructions on the panoramic view of the forum, when running in case scenario does not move with the glasses, but when running previous versions of DK1's panorama is the normal use, pay attention to what the place is DK2

• Hi,

I dont know why but my Pano crashes on osx on chromium
    or its Just me?

The WebVR Chromium builds aren't that stable yet. When it's always crashing there might be also a problem with the GPU or GPU drivers. Please reports such problems directly to the Chrome WebVR developer here.

What does the following line do? I don't understand it. I can't find a sensor_button layer and also not an action called update...

That's nothing *wink* Sorry, I had forgotten to remove that line. It was from a test button that was switching through the several sensor modes.

I configured the DK2 runtime environment in accordance with the instructions on the panoramic view of the forum, when running in case scenario does not move with the glasses, but when running previous versions of DK1's panorama is the normal use, pay attention to what the place is DK2

Maybe you're already using an newer WebVR browser build. The WebVR API has changed. There will be soon the next pre-release with support for the new WebVR API.

Is it possible, that the edge attribute is ignored?
    When I change it to top, the hotspot is still aligned to center in vrmode.

Yes - please see the first post here. The WebGL hotspot rendering is completely new and not fully ready yet.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus is back, jeej *wink* .

I've a question for all WebVR enthousiasts over here.

Maybe we can come up with a simple but effective way to share webvr.xml lens distortion presets with each other.

As you may know the webvr.xml plugin file includes lens distortion presets for several different VR headsets. See https://krpano.com/plugins/webvr/#mobilevr_lens_fov .

With all these new VR headsets coming out and in the future, maybe we can create a new thread and place all presets there.

Good idea?

• Hi Klaus, new version is working really well with all my code and the upgraded gyroscope is great.

I have a slightly odd feature request - would it be possible to invert the vertical gyroscope controls (so moving the tablet up causes the panorama to look down)? If that's not easy to include were you intending to release the source code for the gyroscope plugin?

Thanks!

• Hi,

I've a really simple question, I can't seem to get it working. What I want to achieve is to limit the vertical field of view to "hide" the nadir spot.

I've the following view settings, which work great in non WebVR mode.

Code
    <view hlookat="0" vlookat="0" fovtype="VFOV" fov="90" fovmin="30" fovmax="150" limitview="lookat" vlookatmin="-90" vlookatmax="+26" />

As soon as I click the EnterVR button the view is "reset" to the nadir spot (+90). The nadir is visible.

Is the vlookatmax ignored in WebVR mode?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!