You are not logged in.

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 2:25pm

Able to play audio with 360 video on iPhone5 - Possible Workaround

The ability to play 360 videos with audio on iPhones would be such a huge selling point for virtual tours, that I have been experimenting with any possible workarounds over the past few days. I have come up with a potential solution that with some minor code tweaking could make this work.

To see my example (currently set up for iPhones-you will hear duplicate audio tracks on desktops) do the following:

1. Visit http://sarasota360.threesixandzero.com
2. Search the horizon to the right and find/click on the purple Hyatt logo.
3. Let the video load. Once it starts to play, drag the shuttle control back to the beginning of the video.
4. The video will now play with audio synced to the video.

I used the Sound Interface plugin triggered by the [onloadcomplete="playsound(bgsnd, 'Hyatt.mp3', 0);"] line in the xml file.

Obviously this is not a workable final solution to the problem, but I'm trying to step it in the right direction. In order for this to work we would need:

1. An option to load the Sound Interface plugin only on iPhones.
2. A way to have the Sound Interface plugin start with the initial start of the video.
3. Would need to notify users that if they pause or shuttle the video, the audio will keep playing independently (or better solution?).

If anyone knows of a better solution or upcoming changes to krpano that will make this much simpler, please advise. For now, the ability to show clients the effect of a gyroscopic controlled, audio enbled vtour of a hotel is pretty impressive for most people :) So at least this serves as a 'coming soon' example or able to show how it works already on Android.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 2:41pm

Hi,

there is already a 'iphonesoundurl' setting planed for the videoplayer plugin.

This will allow to specify a sound file that should be played in sync with the video on the iPhone.

Maybe that will be already ready with the next 1.19 pre-release.

Best regards,
Klaus

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 3:22pm

That is fantastic news Klaus. Many thanks!

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 5:49pm

Great!!
*thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Monday, April 27th 2015, 10:02pm

Very good news.

Any idea when this iphonesoundurl is planned... Freaking had that iphone restriction.

*cursing*

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 4:34am

You could load a blank scene that shows a loading screen a use a plugin that loads the resource of the movie and then when onloaded="" change to your 360 scene and play the music.
Should be pretty easy. You may have to make an action so that both the movie resource and the mp3 are downloaded first before starting the 360 scene.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 12:59pm

Hi,

there will be soon the next pre-release where this will be possible.

There just add a .mp3 file with the sound of the video to the videourl and there will be sound also on the iPhone and the video and the sound will be automatically synchronized.

Best regards,
Klaus

Monday, July 6th 2015, 2:07pm

i'm making 360 video pano with 1.19-pr2.

but i could't play sound. that is working?

<plugin name="video"
url.html5="../plugins/videoplayer.js"

pausedonstart="true"
loop="false"
enabled="false"
zorder="0"
align="center" ox="0" oy="0"
volume="0.1"

videourl="../video/video2_1.mp4|video/audio.mp3" <<<<< hear or
videourl="../video/video2_1.mp4|../video/audio.mp3"

but it wansn't working.

that's my wrong? please let me know.
i'm going to launch a site next week...

and this is working well. but that's krpano version is 1.18~
http://www.takeyourdose.com/

why is working that site play sound with 360 video on iphone ??

Wednesday, July 8th 2015, 1:31pm

Sound should work when used correctly.

If not, please post a link to your example.

Tuesday, July 14th 2015, 5:45am

Sound should work when used correctly.

If not, please post a link to your example.
i've just sent mail to krpano about going to test a site with krpano plugin.
please let me know about that.
if you didn't get mail let me know. >> heowongeun@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 14th 2015, 9:42am

Hi,

I've got your mail - you need to use the videoplayer.js from the 1.19 pre-release 2 (currently you use the videoplayer.js from version 1.18.4).

Best regards,
Klaus

Tuesday, July 14th 2015, 12:03pm

Hi,

I've got your mail - you need to use the videoplayer.js from the 1.19 pre-release 2 (currently you use the videoplayer.js from version 1.18.4).

Best regards,
Klaus
oh ~ that's working well;; you save me~ :) thank you :)