Black Face on HTML5 on Chrome (mac) and Chrome (Android 4.2)

• Hello, I have problems viewing HTML5 in Chrome MAC, and in some versions of Android.

For example here:
    http://es.woow360.com/?html=5

I get so as you turn the panorama and moving, to be rotated:

The Krpano version is the latest available.

This also happens to me in some Android devices with version 4.2.1 and 4.2.2
    In MAC Chrome is Version 33.0.1750.152, also with the previous version failed.

In Iphone and ipad and android 4.4 works fine ...

Any idea??

Thank you!

• Hi,

the Chrome CSS3D rendering is unfortunately still very buggy (Browser Bugs!).

In your case your custom overlapping element in the right-top seems to be reason. Chrome has several compositing/clipping bugs when mixing CSS3D elements with normal ones.

Try to remove your box and it should work.

A hack/workaround that might be able to fix that Chrome bug seems to be by setting the z-index of all involved elements manually, but this is something that can't be applied automatically for all cases.

An other way might be either trying to implement your box inside krpano or to just add inside the krpano DOM structure (might be a bit hacky).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi, I just checked and hiding the other elements rendered fine.

I tried to put zindex values manually to elements and does not solve the problem.

How I can enter the div inside the dom structure krpano?

THANK YOU!
    I hope Google will solve these things!

• Hi,

first create a container element inside krpano:

Code
    <layer name="box" type="container" align="righttop" width="..." height="..." x="..." y="..." onloaded="js( box_ready() );" />

then in Javascript do code like this to add/attached your own html element to this element:

Best regards,
    Klaus

• This "little" bug seems to be back, as of today 08. September 2014, on all Android OS Chrome browsers. And it can be reproduced on all Krpano.coms own examples. So not just on examples with custom overlapping element(s), but on ANY example. In fact I could not find 1 Krpano example on the Internet that did not have it. It seems to be global.

The reason appears to be latest Chrome update.

Please let me know if you need a video of the bug or if I can help you solve it in any other way.

• Hi,

I noticed too that were were new Android Chrome versions and on some devices, Chrome isn't supporting WebGL anymore because of some GPU driver bugs.

Enter 'chrome://gpu' to see the reasons/details for the WebGL problems.

Without WebGL, krpano need to use CSS3D for the pano display and here this Chrome version is unfortunately buggy too on a few devices (but I my case I don't get black faces). The current Chrome Beta version isn't showing the same problems.

In both cases krpano itself isn't the problem and there is also no possibility for me to change anything here. That means please report your problem to the Chrome developers and include all information about your device.

If you want to experiment, you can try entering 'chrome://flags' and disable there the 'gpu blacklist' to force enabling WebGL.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Correctamundo. Will report the problem to the Chrome developers and include all information about my device. But first I'll quote Ezekiel 25:17 to the developer that decided to do this. Then I'll ask him if they speak WebGL in What...

• Status update. For anyone else enjoying and thoroughly rejoicing in this itsy bitsy teenie weenie Chrome bug, whose customers are encountering this problem and wondering about it, this is the setting that you can advise them to enable on the affected tablet. Danke, Klaus.

• I just wish Chrome was as good at their support as you are. Still waiting.

Wonder a bit what is the best place on the Internets tubes to contact them from.

Perhaps I have to send them a nice greeting card, along with lovely flowers and a cake. *love*

• Today, after the latest Chrome for Android update, this major problem is back and the solution above does not solve it anymore.

Current status:

Chrome team has not solved this problem from their end.

Klaus says that it is up to them to solve it.

Current reality:

All your panos shown across all smartphones & tablets using Android are shown with huge holes in them, showing background where the krpano tiles should be.

Request:

Please check what you see on you Android device and report back along with your krpano version, platform specs, etc.

Much thanks.

Am surprised there is not much more conversation about this. This bug literally destroys how your panos look and work for an enormous amount of users. Am I missing something?

Here:

Krpano 1.18.5

Platform & Chrome:

Please see below

Edited once, last by 360ninja (September 6, 2015 at 5:49 PM).

• Thanks much for confirming, Sacha.

Wonder why the Chrome team does not fix this. It's not like they cannot fix it. It works fine in beta version of the same browser. If you try in Google Chrome Beta (for Android, it's available in Play Store), panos look fantastic.

But in the Google Chrome almost everyone is using on their Android smartphones & tablets the holes in the panos are enormous. If they were smaller, it could perhaps be temporarily tolerated somewhat, but it is the largest tiles that are missing. I can understand the clients completely.

So right now Krpano is not working properly (because of Chrome team not fixing this) on more than half of all mobile devices. And no known workaround. This is a biggie, ladies & gents.. Why is there not much more concern about this? I must be missing something. I hope I am. But whatever Android device I get reports from, it's the same.

• Klaus, perhaps it would be a good idea to make a sticky thread where you kindly ask everyone on this forum to write to correct Google Chrome team and request an urgent fix for this. The scale of this bug and it's effect on everyone here (especially those of us that do this professionally) is kind of big. And please link to one exact spot, so all requests we make are 100% targeted and focused at one place that matters most, in your opinion. Thanks, Klaus. Let us know, if we can help. Do you need anything? Screenshots, specs, whatever, you name it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!