You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 16th 2015, 9:56am

IOS 9 VR Fullscreen issue

Hi Guys,

I have problem I think. When I view our panoramas in VR the bottom and top bar
fade away automatically in safari on my IPhone 5C but since the update to IOS 9
i am experiencing that when you open a panorama in VR mode the top and bottom
bar don’t fade away. Normally I would than just tilt my IPhone to vertical and
then back to horizontal so that the bars disappear but this is not working two (see image below.

Can some share some light on this question. It’s very annoying to view a VR
panorama in a google cardboard with the top and bottom bar form safari still visible.

Thanks

Dirk

Friday, October 16th 2015, 11:05am

Hi,

iOS itself doesn't support the HTML5 fullscreen API, so the only way to get a fullscreen mode is the Safari build-in landscape fullscreen mode.

I've tested and the iPhone 5 with iOS 9 now and yes, you're right - Apple has unfortunately again broke a feature... (on the iPhone 6 it is still working with iOS 9), I will look at it, maybe it's possible to find some tricky workarounds...

Btw - it will probably not help, but please reporting such problems also directly to Apple.

Best regards,
Klaus

Friday, October 16th 2015, 12:22pm

Klaus,

Thanks for your reaction. Tis is a big bummer :(. I will try to adres it to apple.
Let me know if you found a work around.. I hope you will ;).

The best
Dirk

dcc

Beginner

Friday, October 16th 2015, 4:11pm

IOS 9 VR Fullscreen issue

Same problem here, on iPhone 6 using ios9.0.2. Fullscreen used to work in landscape mode on ios8.

Friday, October 16th 2015, 4:33pm

Additionally krpano height is sometimes wrong and will overflow the viewport.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 10:44am

Hi,

after a lot of trying I've found a workaround for this new iOS 9 bug - the next krpano releases (1.18.6 and 1.19-pr4) will have the workaround included.

Best regards,
Klaus

Saturday, October 31st 2015, 3:11am

Klaus,

I'm currently working on a cardboard project, could you kindly talk a bit about how the workaround works? It will be a BIG help!

Best regards,
Wei-An

Wednesday, November 4th 2015, 4:27pm

Klaus.

That sounds great when do you expect the 1.19 pr4?

Regards

jschrader

Intermediate

Wednesday, November 4th 2015, 11:31pm

Same problem here (5s/9.1), almost drove me nuts yesterday when tried to debug my code :D

Because it IS working properly (for me) when I save a link of the tour to my homescreen and open the tour from there.
That may not always be a proper solution but it might help the one or the other in the meantime.

Tuesday, November 17th 2015, 7:50am

iOS fullscreen

after a lot of trying I've found a workaround for this new iOS 9 bug - the next krpano releases (1.18.6 and 1.19-pr4) will have the workaround included.
Any idea when 1.19-pr4 will be released ?

Tuesday, November 17th 2015, 7:52am

As soon as possible (sorry for the delays).

KiboOst

Trainee

Wednesday, November 18th 2015, 2:42pm

my iPhone6s with 1.19pr3 and iOS9.1 (up to date) still have same behavior. portrait, landscape -> automatically fullscreen.

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 9:02am

Only the iPhone 5 or the iPhone 6 in 'zoomed-mode' are affected by this.

Wednesday, December 9th 2015, 3:34pm

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for finding out! Could you tell something about the release date of pr4? Or is there any way we can do the work around ourselves? We've got a client who's hugely affected by this bug (which is Apple's... I know)

Saturday, December 12th 2015, 1:34am

this

Source code

body { height: 101%; overflow: hidden; }

is the solution.
works on ios9.1 ..
works also on 9.2 ..
tested on iphone 4s

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "milemann" (Dec 12th 2015, 2:58am)

Scott Witte

Intermediate

Saturday, December 12th 2015, 10:42pm

body { height: 101%; overflow: hidden; }

Brilliant!

Just set the primary div to 99% and nothing gets cut off.

If only there were a way to automatically minimize the address bar and hide the navigation menu in portrait mode we would be set.

Scott Witte

Intermediate

Wednesday, December 30th 2015, 1:20am

I may have an even better solution:

Source code

html {
  height: 100%;
  padding-bottom:1px;
}

The body 101% method caused a problem for me when embedded in an iframe. The above method seems to work fine in all cases.

Tuesday, July 12th 2016, 9:39pm

I am using krpano 1.19-pr5 and without VR mode, I can make it fullscreen. When I enter VR mode I can not make it full screen.

In IOS 9, When we enter VR mode, basically kr-object is getting full screen by css right? like (position : fixed or absolute, top-left : 0, width-height:100%) If the answer is yes, I tried to hide all kr-pano div elements including target-div by css(display:none) but I couldn't make it. If the Krpano in Vr mode, safari can not be fullscreen.

Is there any reason do you know?

Scott Witte

Intermediate

Sunday, July 17th 2016, 2:32am

When I enter VR mode I can not make it full screen.

Entering VR mode fires the full screen event. You don't need to do it separately. You can see that in action when viewing in fake VR mode on desktop. Why that wouldn't happen in your case I don't know. But in iOS only Safari allows full screen display.

Monday, July 18th 2016, 11:54pm

Without VR mode, fullscreen is working well but when enter on it, makes me crazy.
IDK what to do but in WR mode, my html,body css values make that problem.