Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Montag, 14. Dezember 2015, 16:18

Stereoscopic panorama - urgent help needed

Hello,

Please note that I am a total newbie with krpano. I have two full panoramas rendered in a 3d application, saved in .jpg format. I need to turn them into a "vr demo" meaning a stereoscopic panorama, which can be viewed, for example, on Google Cardboard (but Firefox on a PC is fine for now).

I have tried following this "step-by-step guide": Stereo panorama from vray
BUT

I am stuck at points 7 and 8.

7 - you explained that it should look like this:
<image ... stereo="true" stereolabels="l|r">

While for me, there is no "...". There is only this:
<image>

So the corrected version should be this?:
<image stereo="true" stereolabels="l|r">

If so, then why add the "..." in the guide? It is misleading.

8 - another problem:

then look for the urls and change all 'pano_l.tiles' to 'pano_%t.tiles' - the %t is the placeholder for the stereolabel values.
I completely don't understand this sentence. There is no such thing as "pano_l.tiles" in my file. There is only "pano_1.tiles". Is this a misunderstanding? Did you put L instead of 1?
I tried replacing the 1s with %t, but it does not work.

Please help. A REAL step-by-step guide would be appreciated. Or screenshots depicting the process.

I consider myself computer literate, but I have serious problems understanding your guide. ;)

Montag, 14. Dezember 2015, 16:55

Anyone? :/

Montag, 14. Dezember 2015, 17:47

1. <image ... stereo="true" stereolabels="l|r">
here ... indicates the data between which was not mentioned, like for example

Quellcode

<image type="CUBE" multires="true" tilesize="512" stereo="true" stereolabels="l|r">

So as you said, in reality there won't be ...
2. For the MAKE VTOUR did you use NORMAL or MULTIRES?

This how a sample html snippet will look like

Quellcode

<image type="CUBE" multires="true" tilesize="512" stereo="true" stereolabels="l|r"><level tiledimagewidth="3840" tiledimageheight="3840"><cube url="panos/1pano_%t.tiles/%s/l3/%v/l3_%s_%v_%h.jpg"/></level><level tiledimagewidth="1792" tiledimageheight="1792"><cube url="panos/1pano_%t.tiles/%s/l2/%v/l2_%s_%v_%h.jpg"/></level><level tiledimagewidth="1024" tiledimageheight="1024"><cube url="panos/1pano_%t.tiles/%s/l1/%v/l1_%s_%v_%h.jpg"/></level></image>

Montag, 14. Dezember 2015, 17:53

Thanks for the reply.
I used "normal" as it was stated in the guide that it does not matter (?).

Montag, 14. Dezember 2015, 17:54

There is a difference in the output of multires and normal. Can you send your files, I can check and maybe help you better

Montag, 14. Dezember 2015, 18:01

I think I somehow downloaded 1.18 instead of 1.19. Sorry... I will soon come back with a definitive answer.

Montag, 14. Dezember 2015, 18:17

Ok, I still need help. I am attaching the files - they are out of the box, no changes introduced. Please instruct me how to proceed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzvpz1avc5262j…m-test.zip?dl=0

I got stuck at:

1. then look for the urls and change all 'pano_l.tiles' to 'pano_%t.tiles' - the %t is the placeholder for the stereolabel values.
There is no such string as "pano_l.tiles" in the generated file. I do not know where I should put the "%t".

Please help. This is getting really frustrating.

Montag, 14. Dezember 2015, 19:27

It would be great if someone helped me resolve this today or tomorrow.

Dienstag, 15. Dezember 2015, 11:58

Hello, can someone provide me with a step-by-step guide (preferably with screenshots) on how to do this? This seems like a fairly easy task, but I simply do not know what I am doing wrong. I don't want to sound obtrusive, but this is a task I've been given and I just cannot overcome the obstacles.

Dienstag, 15. Dezember 2015, 14:55

Hi,

you missed point 2:

Zitat

2. make a left and right pano image - e.g. pano_l.jpg and pano_r.jpg
These 'pano_l' and 'pano_'r are the names from the input images!

In your case your files are name '1.jpg' and '2.jpg' - so in the xml replace the '1.tiles' with '%t.tiles' and use stereolabels="1|2".

That are simply the file names, that's all.
And the 'placeholders' are the parts of the filename that will be replaced by the individually required image - e.g. "%t.tiles" will become "1.tiles" for the left image and "2.tiles" for the right image (by using the stereolabels values).

Best regards,
Klaus

Dienstag, 15. Dezember 2015, 17:32

Great, thank you for the reply! I will check that soon.
The "e.g." part was a bit misleading as for me it sounded as "you can call it for example like this, or anything else".
But now everything seems clear. Let's hope it will work.

Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2015, 17:23

Everything is working fine. Thank you for all the help and enduring my complaints! ;)

Montag, 25. Januar 2016, 12:56

Hello :)

I've followed the steps described, and I'm still facing an error ... any suggestion please ?
»NicolasC« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • krpano_StereoError.JPG

Tuur

Erleuchteter

Beruf: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 25. Januar 2016, 15:36

Please post a link.

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Dienstag, 26. Januar 2016, 11:58

Hello,

I just can't for now, confidential project, no way to put that online.

Mittwoch, 3. Februar 2016, 16:49

Hi there

I would like to use KRpano to make VRtours of CG images.
Can KRpano make VRtours of spherical stereoscopic panoramas without converting them into cube maps?
Because the conversion to cube maps results in blurry images.
The render software (Corona renderer) I use cannot render the images out as cube maps.

_Molenhoek#
cheers

Johan

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »belly« (3. Februar 2016, 17:06)

Tuur

Erleuchteter

Beruf: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2016, 14:57

Zitat

Because the conversion to cube maps results in blurry images.

??

When you use the krpano droplet??
Or when you export like that from your Corona renderer ?

Export equirectangular 2:1 and throw them on a droplet.

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2016, 17:31

Hi Tuur,

Corona produces equirectangular 2:1 images (6K images).
The blurry images are caused due to the droplet. AFAIK the pixels get stretched due to the conversion towards cubemaps.
So I would like to make Vtours without converting to cubemaps.

Beruf: Virtual Tours - Photography - Krpano developer

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 5. Februar 2016, 02:37

Looks like it has to do with the aberration correction. In a real headset, it should look actually sharper with that correction than without. Don't worry about the fake mode on desktop.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Freitag, 5. Februar 2016, 10:03

Hi guys thanks for your reactions.

In the first place I am talking about the desktop mode. Why? Because In my business (real estate) not all the customers of my clients have a headset or a phone which is cardboard ready.
So they will make use of the desktop version.

So if I compare my result

#my result#

with this one
#BB# (KRPANO based on rendered cubemaps files (stripes))

or this one
#DeMerode5# Scroll down towards the project Merode 5(I do not know anything about the source files)

I have the feeling that mine is less sharp then the others.

Any suggestions?