Enable vr_cursor without stereo view

• Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to toggle the VR cursor independently from the stereo screen in webVR. I really like to have this option in normal screen mode for mobile devices to use the VR_cursor, but messing around in the code didn't get me anywhere.

Thanks.

Edited once, last by Timescale (April 10, 2016 at 1:12 PM).

• Hi,

you could enter the VR mode and then in the onentervr event set the display.stereo setting back to false - then you have VR mode without stereo rendering...

See the in the included krpano WebVR example the 'webvr_act_as_gyro_in_portrait_mode' action - that makes something similar for mobile devices when in portrait mode.

But a standalone usage of the VR cursor without the WebVR plugin is not possible, that's a part of the plugin.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks Klaus!

Your suggestion works like a charm. It needs some work with regards to opening images and textfields, but I think I can hack around that. I can simply drop in and out of VR mode if the invoked action requires it.

I guessed that it could not work separately from webVR, but this isn't much of a problem. I only want this feature to be shown on mobile devices anyway and for the 2% of people who lug a stereo viewer around I still want to offer the VR option, so webVR is needed anyway.

edit : The setup turned out to be really simple. When in non-stereo VR mode, which is an option on mobile next to full VR mode, a variable is set that is checked whenever an action that does not play nice with webVR. If non-stereo VR is active, the action drops out of vr and onexit reenters this mode. It's almost seamless. In full VR mode, a lot of the content simply will be skipped.

Thanks a lot and keep up the great work

Peter.

Edited 2 times, last by Timescale (April 13, 2016 at 6:30 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!