You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jschrader

Intermediate

• "jschrader" started this thread

Monday, May 30th 2016, 12:16pm

Problem with loading 1.19 stereo tour in IE

It's working fine locally with the webserver but when it's on the web it stops with a black "loading" screen.
Can someone enlighten me please what is the cause and how to solve it?
TIA

Wednesday, June 1st 2016, 4:01pm

There is no known problem and it would be strange when the SAME content wouldn't work...

Timescale

Trainee

Wednesday, June 1st 2016, 5:01pm

Does it work in other browsers? If not, it is most likely a file permission problem, a path problem or case mismatch.

First check if other browsers can display the content on the webserver. If this is not so, set the permissions of the files to a state where they can be accessed. If this does not help, try locating the precise point of failure by opening a error/debugging console of the browser and locate the first file that failed and try to figure out why it did so.

Wednesday, June 1st 2016, 6:39pm

One idea - check the 'case' (lower-case/upper-case) of your file paths and file names!
The case in the xml need to match the case of the real files/paths.

Windows is case-insensitive, but typical Unix-based webservers are case-sensitive!

But if that's the case, you should see loading errors... (in the krpano log and in the browsers console).

jschrader

Intermediate

• "jschrader" started this thread

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 10:56am

It indeed was an issue of capital letters which I usually do not use, but here it somehow slipped in and was used since two years already in a folder on the server without any issue which is why I hadn't noticed any earlier ^^