"generated" high-res screenshot

• Hello Klaus!

We're facing a situation where we would like to take screenshots of the panoramas, but in a higher resolution than our own screens. So far we only needed low-res screenshots, and so we developed the functionality based on the WebGL canvas screenshot capabilities. Now though we would like to know if it's possible to generate a screenshot of a 3d view in potentially higher resolutions that are available for displaying. So let's say we're working on a system with a 720p or 1080p screen, but the panoramas' source images are big enough to be able to capture 2160p screenshots in good quality. Is there any (perhaps secret) way to make krpano spit such image data out? I'm thinking something similar to what street view offers, where you can enter a coordinate and view parameters, and it opens a static 2D image, obviously generating it in the background.

Thanks in advance!

• You could initialize a hidden iframe with the proper x and y and use that to make the dump with. It will not work on ios or safari unfortunately.

Also objects rendered with css3d also will not show.

• You could initialize a hidden iframe with the proper x and y and use that to make the dump with. It will not work on ios or safari unfortunately.

Also objects rendered with css3d also will not show.

Thanks. I'm using flash (for this specific project) so no iframes, but your advice gave me an idea and now I think I'll manage to accomplish what I wanted. Cheers!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!