You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, June 4th 2016, 7:54pm

Limitview issues

I am trying to make a tour with flat panos. I want each scene to have the view limited to just the image. Here is the relevant part of my tour.xml

Source code

<scene name="scene_Buffetturkey" title="Buffetturkey"  onstart="" thumburl="panos/99_99.tiles/thumb.jpg" lat="" lng="" heading="" >
        <view limitview="range" />

<image type="CYLINDER" hfov="1.00" vfov="0.638298" voffset="0.00" multires="true" tilesize="512" progressive="true">            <level tiledimagewidth="940" tiledimageheight="600">              <cylinder url="panos/99_99.tiles/l1_%v_%h.jpg" />            </level>          </image>

</scene>

I have tried this with krpano 1.19 and 1.18 and I get the same results both time. That is I can pan up/down or left/right way past the edge of the image. Can someone hopefully see what mistake I am making?

Monday, June 6th 2016, 11:28am

Hi,

when using limitview=range either add hlookatmin/hlookatmax+vlookatmin/vlookatmax settings - or use setting like limitview=fullrange.

Best regards,
Klaus

Tuesday, June 7th 2016, 12:25am

Sorry, I copied the tour.xml after trying a bunch of things. I have tried it with limitview set to fullrange (and no other attributes set on view) and it still allows me to pan/zoom to far. So exactly the same as the code above except limitview="fullrange". Any other ideas?

Wednesday, June 8th 2016, 1:25pm

Link to your example?
That could help understanding your problem.

Saturday, June 18th 2016, 9:27pm

Is there any more information I can supply that may help? Because that link to the flat panos does not work the way I understand it should from the documentation.

Sunday, June 26th 2016, 4:41pm

Hi, just wondering if you had a chance to look at the example you asked for to perhaps offer any advice? We really wanted to use flat panos for one specific tour, but do not like the way they are working currently. The documentation description sounds great though.

Wednesday, June 29th 2016, 11:25am

Hi,

your own script (your utils/tour.js) is setting and overwriting the viewing limit settings in your 'initView' function!

Best regards,
Klaus

Saturday, July 2nd 2016, 3:46pm

Thank you for saving me from my own stupidity. In my defense I inherited the large code base, but still thank you.

A nice feature would be a scene inspector. Something from the debug console where I could type "get(element_name)" and it could print out the current settings for that element. Though I understand I am well in the minority of users in that I do so much modification on the fly that it is probably not worth your time to do. But if it were simple, it would be nice at some point in the future.

Friday, July 8th 2016, 12:54pm

Hi,

you could use the browsers developer console for that - get the krpano element and use the get API,

e.g. type:

Source code

document.getElementById("krpanoSWFObject").get("view.limitview");

More information here:
http://krpano.com/docu/js/#top

Best regards,
Klaus

Sunday, July 10th 2016, 4:28pm

Awesome, thanks!