You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, August 18th 2016, 7:50am

erratic jumps when tweening hlookat|vlookat with chrome based browsers

hi everyone,

i mailed this to klaus already, but now i tested my tour with chromium and chrome directly

with google-chrome and chromium, nwjs and electron (all tested on macosx)
i get very strange erratic jumps when tweening the view

i have a little planet intro during 2 seconds and it jumps in all
directions for ca 5 times while it tweens.

there are no problems on safari, firefox, or in the testing server.

i can't test this in nwjs but on chrome and chromium the behaviour gets normal,
when you resize the window a few times and reload the page (panotour)

did anybody experience this, too?

index
(1.19pr6)

EDIT:
it seems that the erratic behaviour only occurs when tweening hlookat|vlookat
so, for now i implemented a device check with a fov only intro tween for chrome.

still, this is just a temporary workaround, i will need hlookat|vlookat tweens somewhen!
(tourguide, automatic tweening, etc)

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "indexofrefraction" (Aug 18th 2016, 11:19am)

Thursday, August 18th 2016, 6:08pm

I get weird webgl behavior in chrome now on windows 10..

Just clicking down will cause the image to jump and basically be unusable.
I think it mainly occurs when I have a tour already loaded in another tab.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Thursday, August 18th 2016, 6:14pm

im not sure it my problem is about webgl... but maybe.
its a bit inconstent. when i play with the window size, it goes away on reload sometimes. but its not reliable
anyway it is a problem. a lot of people have chrome. and you cant use things like autotourguide anymore.

Friday, August 19th 2016, 7:18pm

Rule out your browser and computer first. I'm trying to cause the issue now with autotours on two simultaneous tabs and am unable. Maybe chrome updated? Or there's bad memory usage with chrome and webgl and I haven't it OOM yet.

My symptoms were exactly the same.. resizing the window maybe fixes it.. and refreshing usually.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Friday, August 19th 2016, 10:48pm

Hi,

the Chrome WebGL supports seems to have gotten a bit more instable on the last few Chrome updates on SOME systems (where OSX seens to be more affected than Windows)!
And that could be also related to the GPU drivers of the system of course.

Chrome is updating very quickly, maybe try testing the Chrome Beta, Chrome Dev or Chrome Canary builds:
https://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel

And if the problem is still there in the newer versions, please report the bug to Chrome and include your system information.

From HTML5/Javascript-side (=from krpano side) it's not possible to fix core system/Chrome bugs.

Best regards,
Klaus

Wednesday, August 24th 2016, 6:21pm

It seems I have the same problem...
Issues with pano view on the Chrome in OS x

I've posted video... Is it the same problem?