Side-by-Side Presentation format for Passive 3D TVs and 3D projectors

• I'm wondering if it were possible to actually create a webvr in which the left eye and right eye images were squeezed for side-by-side viewing format on a passive 3D TV?

There would have to be a way to specify that the original left and right panos would need to be 1920x1080 before they were squeezed...

In this way we could get a fantastic HD webvr 3D experience going on a very large screen for clients!

I've been able to successfully view my webvr 3D pano on a 3DTV but, of course, you need to place the TV in 4:3 viewing mode in order to get the correct presentation aspect.

This old thread discussed the issue a bit, but I've seen nothing since and the latest build has no scripts to support..

krpano HTML5 Multiresolution Preview

*g*

• Klaus, that's fantastic! Is this no longer supported in the latest build? I don't see any CSS3D transform / sync js examples. Would absolutely love to still be able to do this... *w00t*

• This is still 'supported' / possible of course.

That's not a feature of the viewer itself, that's a kind of usage or 'how-to-use-krpano' feature...

That means you would be still able to do that - e.g. have a look at html and xml sources of the online examples.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Haha! Yes I forgot that CTRL + U was my friend in Chrome!

Okay, I'm using the Indian Temple example as my guide.

When I use a standard url it loads the images in both the left and right panos on the screen, but of course they are both from the left eye folder.

<image>
    <cube url="panos/http://panos.left/01.tiles/pano_%s.jpg"/>
    </image>

However, when I try and use the url from the stereo example, nothing loads:

<cube url="%$panopath%/01.tiles/pano_%s.jpg"/>

Edited once, last by landrvr1 (September 16, 2016 at 5:35 AM).

• Hey Piotr, here's the structure of what I have now:

HTML
    The panopath is being defined here:

Code
    var panobasepath = "panos";
    // embed the krpano viewers
    embedpano({html5:"only+webgl", id:"krpanoLeftEyeViewer", target:"krpanoLeftEyeDiv", xml:"sbs3d.xml", vars:{side:"left", panopath:(panobasepath+".left")}, passQueryParameters:true, onready:fullscreensetup});
    embedpano({html5:"only+webgl", id:"krpanoRightEyeViewer", target:"krpanoRightEyeDiv", xml:"sbs3d.xml", vars:{side:"right", panopath:(panobasepath+".right")}, passQueryParameters:true});

sbs3d.xml
    The sgs3d.xml is then including the tour.xml

tour.xml
    In the tour.xml I then have this code:

Panos Folder Structure
    Here's what my panos folder structure looks like:

panos/http://panos.left/01.tiles/pano_b.jpg etc etc
    panos/panos.right/01.tiles/pano_b.jpg etc etc

• Hi

try use initvars NOT vars

vars:{...} != initvars:{...} *cool*

Klaus write:

• This is basically the same as the vars setting, but these variables will be set BEFOREthe xml file wil be loaded and parsed.
    Code
    //embed the krpano viewers  
    embedpano({html5:"only+webgl", id:"krpanoLeftEyeViewer", target:"krpanoLeftEyeDiv", xml:"sbs3d.xml", vars:{side:"left"}, initvars:{panopath:panobasepath+".left"}, passQueryParameters:true, onready:fullscreensetup});
    embedpano({html5:"only+webgl", id:"krpanoRightEyeViewer", target:"krpanoRightEyeDiv", xml:"sbs3d.xml", vars:{side:"right"}, initvars:{panopath:panobasepath+".right"}, passQueryParameters:true});

try it

Piotr

• Okay, I think I figured it out. I was thinking all along that I needed a 'panos' folder and then within that folder I would have my 'panos.left' and 'panos.right'

But then I again looked at the panobasepath:

and realized that when it's being called by (panobasepath+".left"), there's no accounting for the base 'panos' folder!

Once I changed it to var panobasepath = "panos/panos"; , and also added the panos/ to the thumb url, it all worked. *thumbsup*

Piotr, I also used you new initvars and that works great as well. Tnx!

• Hi,

add renderer="css3d" to the hotspots.

This is because the mouse coordinate tracking (used in the webgl hotspot rendering for the hit-testing) is based on window coordinates and not on the css-transformed(scaled) coordinates of the viewer layers. I will try to improve that.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!